I can't believe my topic was closed

Rate this topic

Alexx

It's amazing that in 2006 we can't discuss a movie that shows two men kissing each other.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone: all I wanted to say was I enjoyed the movie- and if anyone else did.

I did also ask if anyone here was actually gay- I can understand why no one responded.

Well Can I ask if we are able to have a conversation about homosexuality? ;)

Or is that playing with matches in a fuel station (; thats a "gas station" to you americans - joke)

I don't think anyone could say anything we haven't heard before- and we are not going to take everything here THAT seriously.

Edited by Alexx

It's amazing that in 2006 we can't discuss a movie that shows two men kissing each other.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone: all I wanted to say was I enjoyed the movie- and if anyone else did.

I did also ask if anyone here was actually gay- I can understand why no one responded.

Well Can I ask if we are able to have a conversation about homosexuality? ;)

Or is that playing with matches in a fuel station (; thats a "gas station" to you americans - joke)

I don't think anyone could say anything we haven't heard before- and we are not going to take everything here THAT seriously.

Like it or not, homosexuality is an extremely taboo subject in most cultures, even in 2006, and is likely to offend many people. At the very least, it stirs up many questions about morality, religion, lifestyle, etc. that are difficult (if not impossible) to answer objectively. Such topics are perhaps better left to discussion someplace other than on a MiniDisc board.

At least we can all agree on liking MiniDisc, even if Sony's latter-day tactics are about as unappealing to me as seeing a movie about two male cowboys :)

Edited by ZosoIV

Like it or not, homosexuality is an extremely taboo subject in most cultures, even in 2006, and is likely to offend many people. At the very least, it stirs up many questions about morality, religion, lifestyle, etc. that are difficult (if not impossible) to answer objectively. Such topics are perhaps better left to discussion someplace other than on a MiniDisc board.

At least we can all agree on liking MiniDisc, even if Sony's latter-day tactics are about as unappealing to me as seeing a movie about two male cowboys :)

Well nothing new is happening with MD lately.

And how and why are people offended by the discussion of homosexuality.

One of the most modern aspects of homosexuality is that they now have the right to be "married".

Anyways I am going to kick the discussion all off. My best mate at uni is gay, and he and his boyfriend make a lovely couple. I think it is really sweet when they are together cause you can really see the love.

And cause its uni (the university of Glasgow non-the-less) no one really gives them any griefe.

Do you think the youth of today really care if men love each other?

I think its the older generation that have a problem because they were never really exposed to it.

Zoso's thoughts reflect my own. The only reason why the topic was closed is not due to the administration or staff not being complacent with homosexuality, it's just that we don't want others to feel uncomfortable here. Alexx, you can't just assume that others will not take what we say here with a grain of salt, because some will take it to heart..

It is also immature of you to create a topic based on a locked topic, if it is locked in the future please private message one of the staff. I will not warn you again about this, perhaps if I say it here publicly you will understand how serious I am about that. Thank you.