what is the difference and one more question

Rate this topic

con spirito

hey, i have two questions

1-beside the mic whats the difference between rh10 and m100?

2-from what i read around here it seems the rh10 is a very problematic toy:letters missing, volume limits(e.u. models), sonicstage, and all kind of other anoying bugs.

would you say its still the best hi md recorder out there?

any chance of seeing a new model coming up soon?

waiting for your helpful answers...

the major difference between the 2 models is that the Mzrh10 can be used only in a PC, and the M100 can be used only in a Mac. I think they're very similar in specs but that's the major difference.

About the problems with the Mzrh10: the missing letters thing has been solved by Sony, and the volume limitation (i think, not quite sure tough) that can be disabled.

from what i understand they are more or less rebundeld versions of the "old" models, but with a mic and a special mac app that allow the upload of wav/pcm recording to mac.

there's also a firmware change that allows for intergration with that mac app. so rh10s with the mac app still wont work

hmm, figures that i had missed something, and that sony would not make it easy to download said app and use "old" hardware...

alltho, i wonder if not its only about having some sort of id sendt over from the device to the app, and the app only working with a list of id's. so if one could get in and alter said list, i would expect it to work fine with older devices to...

but this is only guesswork...

Edited by hobgoblin