Is minidisc really for me?

Rate this topic

SilverBlade

I am wondering if a Hi-MD player really is for me, or should I get an mp3/CD player car deck instead?

I am looking to buy a car stereo, as that's where I'll be listening to music the most (away from home, but my music is in the computer in mp3 format at my home)

This will be for the car only. And, I do NOT do any 'live' recording, so all I need is a downloader. I love the ability to arrange tracks on an MD disc in any way you want, and that you can re-write onto it a lot easier then a CD-RW.

If I was to get a minidisc player for the car, that would mean finding a car deck with an Aux/line in jack at the front, and most of those are on mp3/CD decks. I've tried the radio transmitter way, but the sound is awful, uses an additional battery and you need to get the transmitter in the right spot to get semi-decent sound!

I'm torn as to which way to go.

Any advice?

Most CD car players now recognize MP3's, so just for that Minidisc doesn't make sense, If you do portable listening, then minidisc starts to make more sense. If you do decide to go minidisc a car unit with a friont mounted jack is the way t go,

Happy hunting

Most CD car players now recognize MP3's, so just for that Minidisc doesn't make sense, If you do portable listening, then minidisc starts to make more sense. If you do decide to go minidisc a car unit with a friont mounted jack is the way t go,

Happy hunting

So..in other words, don't bother with the format, get an mp3/CD deck?

Again, of you are only doing car music, cd/mp3 isn't too bad, advantage to MD is that discs don't get scratched, discs are smaller, and you can listen out of the car, boils down to what you need.

I use my NH1 in a car with an 1/8 adapter to the unir, or a cassette adapter if needed. Then I acan also use it riding my bike, etc.

Good luck in your choice,

Bob

Another possibility you have is to get an MDLP miniidisc car deck and an MDLP compatible recorder, can be done through SS and go that way, you can put quite a few mp3's on MD, and you waould aslo have a portable for your listening.

Good luck,

Bob