Mz-NH1

Rate this topic

funcleluke

:huh:

Ik have just bought a second hand MZ-NH1 and at first I was glad to obtain this topmodel for a good prize.

But now I discoverd that it has a big failure. Even when the hold is off and menu is on advance I only can format. No editing possible on the device!The recordings are done with the mic and analog from a DAB-radio.

Do anyone know the resolution?

Is it possible to do a factory reset?

Or a software download?

greetz

funcleluke

Edited by funcleluke

Hi funcleluke

You can only edit recordings which you have done through the unit's line in or optical in. You cannot edit tracks put on your unit from sonicstage. If you want to edit these files you need to do it from within sonicstage before downloading the tracks to the player. Dont know why this is the case, but it is the same with all sony minidisc recorders

Matt

Dear Matt,

thanks for your replie but I know your remark.

But I have the problem with recordings with my mic and from analog source.

funcleluke

Hi funcleluke

You can only edit recordings which you have done through the unit's line in or optical in. You cannot edit tracks put on your unit from sonicstage. If you want to edit these files you need to do it from within sonicstage before downloading the tracks to the player. Dont know why this is the case, but it is the same with all sony minidisc recorders

Matt

Hi funcleluke

Matt

What a rip-off !

It's on all discs.

I tried with a common MD and with the 1Gig and it's all the same. I cannot edit my own recordings on the device.

I work I think for already 10 years now with sony-Minidiscs (decks and portable) so I'm used working with it. And so I really think there's something wrong with this unit.

I'll hope my shop can fix it without sending it to a sony-center.

It also don't give the message write protected.

Only sometimes NO EDIT.

Another question: is there only a backlight on the remote and not on the device?

funcleluke

hi funcleluke, sorry i misread your post! Maybe its a fault with the machine, it thinks the disc is write protected when its not. Does it happen with all discs?

Both.

I had contact with the sony service and they couldn't help me neither.

Now he's in my sony-shop-with repairservice but I think they'll gonna send the device to the sony-repair in belgium.

I have still my old MZ-R55 to work with. I'm a musician so I can't miss my portable to record rehearsels.

greetz

Luke

are you trying to edit with the buttons on the machine or the rm-40 remote?