my Library Music difficulties

Rate this topic

Canuk

I have 19 gigs of music, all in organized folders.

When I imported all my music in My Library, it took all of my music and shuffeled it all around so now i have hundreds of folders with only 1 file in it, instead of just listing my artists.

This is beyond annoying, now if i want to put an album of music onto my Hi-MD, i have to search through the long list of seperate album folders and find each song, its not really doable. I'm sure other people have this problem; re-aranged music.

I want to know if this is fixable. All I want is a list of the SAME music that I'm importing. Alot of my cds are mixed cds, but it is taking each song and seperating it from the others in alphabetical order, ITS DRIVING ME CRAAAAAAAZY!

Please help if you can, THANKS!

Jay

Try managing a database of 90 gigs of music. Having a CD collection of more than 1000 cd's I ripped em all to 160 kbps mp3's so I can shuffle play my entire collection. It has taken me a couple of years of hard work to get everything organized and the tags updated properly. I use MMJB exclusively to work with and play my database and I am extremely paranoid about another program nosing around my collection.

I have found the best method to using Sonic Stage with my collection is to create the .m3u playlists in MMJB and then import the playlists into Sonic Stage. This allows me to upload the music to My Hi-MD without letting SS touch my library. Usually I delete all references of my transferred tracks from the SS library after I have loaded a disc. Good luck reorganizing your library, I feel for you.

Just a thought. Have you considered using XP's restore abilities to go back to a previous backup of your system. If you had this enabled then you may be able to recover your library intact but you will lose recent changes and created files.

What does one need to do to avoid SS to manage the music library itself? I just bought a new himd unit and will be using SS, but I wouldn't want it to shuffle my already precious collection. Will it ask me before it does anything funny?

Thanks.

Yeah it does ask permission first. Something to the effect of "Do you want Sonic Stage to search for and organize your music files?".

A lot of music programs like Itunes and Realplayer will try and do this when you install them.

You just need to be real careful when loading new software that has anything to do with your music files.

is this AVOIDABLE though.

How can I make mix cds stay together when put into My Library, instead of being shuffled around alphabetically into different album folders.

I dont give a $#%* about albums, etc, I just want my music in the same order and way it is in my Music folder in my documents.

my SS Library is now a long list of folders with mostly 1 song in them becuase it has split everything up.

ANYONE PLEASE, THIS MUST HAPPEN TO EVERYONE, SOMEONE MUST HAVE ADRESSED THIS

is this AVOIDABLE though.

How can I make mix cds stay together when put into My Library, instead of being shuffled around alphabetically into different album folders.

I dont give a $#%* about albums, etc, I just want my music in the same order and way it is in my Music folder in my documents.

my SS Library is now a long list of folders with mostly 1 song in them becuase it has split everything up.

ANYONE PLEASE, THIS MUST HAPPEN TO EVERYONE, SOMEONE MUST HAVE ADRESSED THIS

Mix CD's or Compilations I usually give an artist name of "Various Artists". Then in the song title I usually end the title with the artist name that performed the track. That way the albums remain sorted as one album under the Various Artists folder.