Newbie SS upgrade questions.

Rate this topic

Action

Hi all and thanks for the great info. A couple of newbie questions..

I have a (USA) RH910, I upgraded SS to (US) V3.2 no problems. I've just got another model, a (USA) MZ-M100.

1. Do I need to load the M100 SS program (and upgrade) or can I use the existing RH910 V3.2 version?

2. To upgrade to 3.4, do I need to upgrade to 3.3 first?

3. Do the upgrades still have to be the US versions?

Thanks for your help.

1. Do I need to load the M100 SS program (and upgrade) or can I use the existing RH910 V3.2 version?

You can use SS with multiple HiMD units without difficulty. I do.

2. To upgrade to 3.4, do I need to upgrade to 3.3 first?

No. I'd stil advise, as I normally do, backing up your library before upgrading just in case you run into any problems.

3. Do the upgrades still have to be the US versions?

No.

I've used Asia-Pacific, Canadian, European, and US versions of SS to upgrade previous versions without any problems in the past. My current version is SS 3.4 European, upgraded from SS 3.3 US. The only difference I've ever noted between the regional versions is where the Connect store points to [or in the case of the Asia-Pacific version, the fact that it isn't present].

If you use the Connect store, wait for the version specific to your region. If not, don't worry about it.

Hi again, I received the latest SS 'Upgrade to 3.4' e-mail prompt, the Asia Pacific region one.

So I deleted SS 3.2 and it's associated MD Media Burner, then went to the indicated site. Thought I'd just check what HI-MDs were listed for this SS 3.4 update.

Interestingly, Sony have listed my (USA) MZ RH910 but not my MZ-M100 (also USA.)

I know you've said all SS versions will work here, but I'm thinking I should update to SS 3.4 with the US version...just for safety? And do you have to register again?

Thanks.

I know you've said all SS versions will work here, but I'm thinking I should update to SS 3.4 with the US version...just for safety? And do you have to register again?

For your purposes there is no difference between the two versions, except that the US version has Connect Store in it and the Asia-Pacific version does not.

For your purposes there is no difference between the two versions, except that the US version has Connect Store in it and the Asia-Pacific version does not.

Thanks for the prompt reply. OK...I actually downloaded the US 3.4 version and the Connect Store cannot be deleted so I'll start again and try the Asia-Pacific version.

More of a problem might be the MD media burner. I'd deleted it with 3.2 and the US version doesn't have one. Does the Asia Pacific version? If not where would I get one?

TIA.

Thanks for the prompt reply. OK...I actually downloaded the US 3.4 version and the Connect Store cannot be deleted so I'll start again and try the Asia-Pacific version.

Can't be deleted? Why does it matter? Just ignore that it's there. If your current install works, leave it alone.

More of a problem might be the MD media burner. I'd deleted it with 3.2 and the US version doesn't have one. Does the Asia Pacific version? If not where would I get one?

Go to the top of this page, and click "downloads." Simple Burner is in the "programs" section on the second page.

Can't be deleted? Why does it matter? Just ignore that it's there. If your current install works, leave it alone.

Go to the top of this page, and click "downloads." Simple Burner is in the "programs" section on the second page.

True, I'll try this US one and get the burner. Thanks for your help.