Post Your Desktops Here!

Rate this topic

dex Otaku

the backyard camp as it was in 2002, it's since been replaced by a tarpaulin tent stretched over wooden planks and 4 treehouses

it's window$ xp, but the new look is crap so made it look like good old windows 95 and barbie pink is the hottest color lately, those original window$ mouse pointers are crap so those were swapped with cute ones like bananas too

Edited by tartan

the backyard camp as it was in 2002, it's since been replaced by a tarpaulin tent stretched over wooden planks and 4 treehouses

it's window$ xp, but the new look is crap so made it look like good old windows 95 and barbie pink is the hottest color lately, those original window$ mouse pointers are crap so those were swapped with cute ones like bananas too

ahahah good stuff mate :P

Little of an eye sore for my likings... but anyway :P

For some time now I was using that kidan theme... to save system resources/load time etc of drop down menus etc...

• 3 weeks later...

been through various other wallpapers over the last year, here's some of em

not one bit interested in scantily clad girls, anything sexy, any "official" wallpaper from the web, cars, artsy fartsy computer makers wallpaper, always prefer home grown wallpaper, here's the best ones from over the years since 1998

wallpaper is also a very good indicator of what kind of character whoever owns that computer is

the newest treehouse at the bottom of the yard, just finished and already collecting materials to extend it (another room and a bridge to an all new yet to be built treehouse is to go on the left)

[attachmentid=1067]

previous wallpaper before barbie pink became the hottest

[attachmentid=1068]

[attachmentid=1069]

[attachmentid=1071]

the wallpaper on the downstairs computer right now, got a real hate for that certain marque of car shown and that all of em must be destroyed and also a real car hater too

[attachmentid=1070]

once the pride and joy of the old house backyard back in 1997, not one single nail or screw was used in its construction and everything was simply stacked 3 storys high, sadly didn't take a picture of it before the neighbor fell from the top story where the yellow picnic chair is and ended up in hospital and the cubby house was removed soon afterwards, had to make it up with paintbrush back in 1998 before it got forgotten

[attachmentid=1072]

might keep this this one on the upstairs computer for now, this one's a real classic, gotta move the the icons on the left over to not obstruct the cubby house, that was the best cubby house ever

Edited by tartan

not one bit interested in scantily clad girls, anything sexy, any "official" wallpaper from the web, cars, artsy fartsy computer makers wallpaper, always prefer home grown wallpaper, here's the best ones from over the years since 1998

mhmm. horses for courses.

Edited by GregTheRotter

on an extra note

how to get extra stuffing like memory, free disc space, spare processor, weather and other stuff that always changes onto the wallpaper instead of it being a still picture all the time ?????

and how to make micro$oft windows not look like windows ???????

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the cubby house was twice as tall as in the picture, it was only shrunken to fit in the picture and the squat building behind and beside the cubby house was the cat maze "the catacomb", the two buildings were never side by side as the catacomb was made of the cubby house materials after cubby house demolition happened, also had great fun breaking apart the brown welded steel lengths of fence with brute force so the plumber can't take it to fence his pool, the plumber was real disappointed when he came to collect the fence only to find it twisted apart into small pieces and the bars used for the catacomb's windows and marble tracks, it all ended in 1998 when while overseas one parent got a dumpster to remove all the goodies leaving only the bricks which were useless on there own

no need to be a millionaire to get a treehouse, just go to any construction site waste dumpster and collect wood and material from there, the only things to buy are nails, screws and anything that can't easily be found in construction site dumpsters

on an extra note

how to get extra stuffing like memory, free disc space, spare processor, weather and other stuff that always changes onto the wallpaper instead of it being a still picture all the time ?????

and how to make micro$oft windows not look like windows ???????

Do you mean like this? --> post #41 of this thread.

The weather and battery widgets are done with Konfabulator (you can now download the program with widgets for free via Yahoo). To customize your Windows' visual styles, you can employ various programs - the one I used is called StyleXP.

Do you mean like this? --> post #41 of this thread.

The weather and battery widgets are done with Konfabulator (you can now download the program with widgets for free via Yahoo). To customize your Windows' visual styles, you can employ various programs - the one I used is called StyleXP.

not that one, doing what "the rule" did that shows the cd artwork that is now playing, several oversize alienwear icons "internet, music, downloads and trash" and smoked window bits, free memory and space and spare processors that are in the wallpaper and not in a corner cubicle like konfabulator does

how did the rule get all that done ???????

I bought "Object Desktop" for 50 bucks (Which can be found Here, gave me all kinds of programs to make my Desktop look nice. I was kind of afraid to try to employ all those programs at first because I had a really bad experiance with StyleXP...but it all turned out okay lol.

I'll just break down all that stuff on my Desktop down real quick:

Calender, Weather, Album Art, "Now Playing" text bar = Konfabulator

Oversized Icons = IconX

Windows XP Theme (Don't remember the exact name) = Windowblinds 5 Beta (Beta only available with Purchase of ObjectDesktop at the moment)

Cursor = CursorXP

And I can't remember where I got that Firefox theme, I just happen to see it one day and it matched my Desktop so I grabbed it.

And that's really about it...

Edited by The Rule

Surprisingly, no it doesn't really slow down my PC at all.

I can multitask with really no problem (although my PC is more for Music and Movies and such then any kind of real work :P)... I honestly don't see much of a difference from when I had just the regular XP Theme to what I use now (But I'm not exactly the most Computer-Literate guy either, so I could be missing something)...the only thing that really seems to slow my PC down is iTunes for some reason, without iTunes my Memory is around the high 30's...with it playing it jumps to the mid-high 60's.

Edited by The Rule

• 2 weeks later...

also curious about the theblueraja did his wallpaper, that padlock thing in the middle looks like it's meant to moove or do something, what was done to make your computer look like that ???????

IPB Image

also never seen a taskbar that looks like that

also interested in how everyone else put there computer themes together

was real annoyed about the unnecessary overdecorating done to computer screens that are shown on tv and movies and decided to go the opposite way, just look at that tv show 24, the hospital scene in the fantastic four movie, the island movie, that boring earthquake telemovie 10.5 which comes with little cartoon explosions as the nukes go off, and too many more to show, only the movie the bourne supremacy does it right and shows windows as windows

how that tartan theme was made...

1. change the windows theme to classic

2. choose colour 255,128,128 for stock fill

3. activity title bars colour in 0,255,255 to 0,0,255, font colour 255,255,0

4. inactive title bars colour in 255,255,0 to 255,0,255 font colour 0,128,128

5. window text colour in 61,85,99

6. space to write text into, 255,255,255

7. 3d items, 0,255,255

8. message text colour in 61,85,99

9. file,edit,view text colour 0,255,255

10. pick the most ideal funny picture to go with that theme

11. get the official windows 3d maze screensaver and use similar funny pictures on the walls, ground and roof

why not try it for yourself and post the your new theme to show the world and don't be tempted to change it for a long time....

also made a similar theme for a workmate with development disorder whoose deaf and doesn't speak, loves computer games and he likes seeing his face and name everywhere on his computer and wallpaper and everyone find his computer the most interesting at work

Edited by tartan

ok :blush: time to finally out me as the Sony/BMG-fanboy :wub: and anti-piracy-nut :ninja: I really am:

[attachmentid=1179]

there...now I've said it, I feel much better now :lol:

PS: for the few out there who feel like me, this desktop and others can be found at http://www.firewheeldesign.com/rootkit/

PPS: for the few ppl out there taking this seriously... it's not :P

post-5301-1132740216_thumb.jpg

ok :blush: time to finally out me as the Sony/BMG-fanboy :wub: and anti-piracy-nut :ninja: I really am:

[attachmentid=1179]

there...now I've said it, I feel much better now :lol:

PS: for the few out there who feel like me, this desktop and others can be found at http://www.firewheeldesign.com/rootkit/

PPS: for the few ppl out there taking this seriously... it's not :P

:D I just made it my WP on my desktop here at work.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...