Functional button?

Rate this topic

guyj1

Does anyone know what the bottom button w/arrow pointing to right is used for on the transfer mode screen of SS. Mouseover this button and it says "Transfer without conversion". I have never been able to get this button to do anything. Besides you can set this up as an option in the settings and achieve conversions on the fly with the uppermost red button. I have tried to attach a pic if you need to see what I am talking about.

[attachmentid=1457]

post-22934-1139889428_thumb.jpg

it's "transfer without converting formats" on hdd players, import some mp3s from a folder if you have an mp3 himd or hdd player & you can import them as mp3s. it's as an alternative to the "convert all music to a certain bitrate"

it's "transfer without converting formats" on hdd players, import some mp3s from a folder if you have an mp3 himd or hdd player & you can import them as mp3s. it's as an alternative to the "convert all music to a certain bitrate"

I've tried clicking on it with my RH-910 connected but nothing happens. No window pops up to allow me to import any files nor does anything begin transferring if I have anything in the library hilighted.

Under what circumstances does one use the button? Perhaps it is only for HDD players? Has anyone used it with Hi-MD?