Dropped my RH-910 while recording... it wont play again! help!

Rate this topic

Gonzaloif

Hi everybody...

first of all sorry for my english :)

i just posted this topic but í havent been able to find it, and don´´t know if i really posted it fine...:( so i´ll post it again, hoping someone could help me out....

I was live recording with my RH-910 when it fell form a little table that is about 50 centimeters high. I fell with the cable that gives the power to the unit (AC adaptor) pulling the unit toward the floor, so it was a midium-soft crash i would say.

Well, despite the crash it continued recording... after a while i stopped the unit a didn´t pay attention on what the unit said when i stopped it. Later, i tried to play a MD an after "thinking" a while it tells me " error de lectura" which is "fail on reading" i guess.

Any body knows what can i do about?

Thanks for any tips--

Gonzalo

Hi everybody...

first of all sorry for my english :)

i just posted this topic but í havent been able to find it, and don´´t know if i really posted it fine...:( so i´ll post it again, hoping someone could help me out....

I was live recording with my RH-910 when it fell form a little table that is about 50 centimeters high. I fell with the cable that gives the power to the unit (AC adaptor) pulling the unit toward the floor, so it was a midium-soft crash i would say.

Well, despite the crash it continued recording... after a while i stopped the unit a didn´t pay attention on what the unit said when i stopped it. Later, i tried to play a MD an after "thinking" a while it tells me " error de lectura" which is "fail on reading" i guess.

Any body knows what can i do about?

Thanks for any tips--

Gonzalo

Have you tried recording and playing back? Try to play multiple discs. If it wont read or record any of them, then I'm sorry to say you have damaged your unit. It may need repairs. parts inside may have broken or come loose.

Edited by Chris G

Too bad...

i was thinking if getting into service mode could help...

maybe because it was recording when it went to the floor that know isn´t reading anything....

anyone knows how to enter service mode? (i haven´t been able to download the service manual...) maybe that could help...

The thing is that in Chile, ther tech support isn´t that good. And they tell you that the "reckinstruger" is broken and you just have to belive them and pay them 120 dollars to get it fixed...

Thanks for any help... please!!!! anybody!!!! i ran out of music and got no money to get something new or repair my MD!

Gonzalo

Amigo mio: Yo tuve el mismo problema pero con un MZR 500 MDLP (pero se me cayó corriendo, despues de muchas caidas anteriores), grababa algo y se quedaba "pensando" al final no hacía nada.

Creo que tendrás que empezar a cotizar un nuevo lector.

Te recomiendo consular a repuesto@cl.sony.com ellos te dirán un precio del repuesto y el resto es la mano de obra.

¡Pucha! recien me compré el mismo modelo tuyo... me da miedo. ¡Pucha q es mula el control remoto de esta wea!

My Buddy: I had the same trouble with a MZR 500 MDLP (but when i was running, but it was shocked a lot of times), it record somethin and it has been "thinking" , finally it don't write nothing.

You will have to buy a repair.

Saludos.

Greetings.

Nirishi,

i´ll write in english...

I guess you are chilean for the way you wrote... could you help me out with a repair service in Santiago?

Is there any good and serious and hopefully cheap repair service in Santiago?

Do you know the adress? the telephone or mail?

the e-mail you gave me... is that from a repair service?

The thing is that i don´t know if the problem is eith the lector... i need to know that first... and the other problem... i wouldn´t be able to fix it up by myself... well, anyway...

thanks for your help and i hope you could guide me to a good repair service!

Gonzalo

Amigo mio: Yo tuve el mismo problema pero con un MZR 500 MDLP (pero se me cayó corriendo, despues de muchas caidas anteriores), grababa algo y se quedaba "pensando" al final no hacía nada.

Creo que tendrás que empezar a cotizar un nuevo lector.

Te recomiendo consular a repuesto@cl.sony.com ellos te dirán un precio del repuesto y el resto es la mano de obra.

¡Pucha! recien me compré el mismo modelo tuyo... me da miedo. ¡Pucha q es mula el control remoto de esta wea!

My Buddy: I had the same trouble with a MZR 500 MDLP (but when i was running, but it was shocked a lot of times), it record somethin and it has been "thinking" , finally it don't write nothing.

You will have to buy a repair.

Saludos.

Greetings.