SS CD import file names

Rate this topic

Jenna

I am having a problem importing my cd's with the proper file name. I searched the forums without success(if there is one, a link would be appreciated)

My problem is...I want the file name to be Artist - title.mp3

When I rip using ss 3.4 I get the file name as "Track Number - artist.mp3" ie I want "Kiss - Beth.mp3" and I get "09-beth.mp3"

I have looked through all the settings and cannot find the solution. Any help would be appreciated

Edited by Jenna

The solution is to use another program to rip the MP3s and then import them to Sonicstage. Audiograbber (freeware, google it) will not only give you options for the file name but will also yield better quality MP3s. Use Audiograbber with Lame for best results, see AG's instructions.

I have been using another program!. But I want to use SS exclusivly. To me SS 3.4 is perfect except for this feature. Is there anyway to do this???

The solution is to use another program to rip the MP3s and then import them to Sonicstage. Audiograbber (freeware, google it) will not only give you options for the file name but will also yield better quality MP3s. Use Audiograbber with Lame for best results, see AG's instructions.