desperate for 3 pole bridge

Rate this topic

dsound

I have a sharp dr480 which has a 3 pole 1/8 jack instead of your normal 2 pole. The third is just a ground, supposedly sounds better. I'm planning on switching to an mp3 player and I want to use my mega awesome earclip headphones that came with the minidisc. Problem is the 3 pole jack. Attempting to plug it in to a 2 pole jack results in a fuzzy tin can sound.

So where in the heck can I find a 3pole to 2pole bridge?

THANKS!

I'm assuming you mean to say 4 pole and 3 pole instead of 3 and 2 because each ring of metal is a pole so ground is included in the count.

It's highly doubtful that you will find one. The way I see it, you will need to cut and solder a new plug on there. What you need to make sure of, however, is because these things appear to be using some kind of balanced output to the headphones, you would need to ensure that you are running them in phase. I'm not up on the schematics of the DR480 so I'm assuming the balanced drive is in its basic implementation.

Under those circumstances, you will want to ensure that you bring both -ve lines together into your ground connection and just feed the +ve lines to your tip and ring conductors for left and right accordingly. That will do away with the hollow sound you speak of (which is the result of running speakers out of phase with respect to each other).

Good luck dude.

I have a sharp dr480 which has a 3 pole 1/8 jack instead of your normal 2 pole. The third is just a ground, supposedly sounds better. I'm planning on switching to an mp3 player and I want to use my mega awesome earclip headphones that came with the minidisc. Problem is the 3 pole jack. Attempting to plug it in to a 2 pole jack results in a fuzzy tin can sound.

THANKS!

Man I'll do you one better. My dr-480H got lifted from my car by a mechanic. I have all the stuff for a 480 I will sell to you if you make me a reasonable offer. I want to sell the whole package and not split it up.

Remote control, 4 pole ear buds, 4 pole clip on head phones, 4 pole to 3 pole adapter, recharging station, power supply, Purple soft drawstring bag for carrying your unit, optical cable, Factory Manual and the factory box.

The power supply has a japanese style plug but it came with an adapter fr U.S. sockets. It will work in the U.S.

If you are interested I'll email you some pictures. Just contact me offline.

No one makes them as far as I know check this company out they sell the jack if your good with soldering you can do it your self or hire someone to do it for you

here is the link.

http://www.btx.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=CA-B...b3-5cee8464acbf

they are expensive for plastic shell connectors but they are one of the only sources for this item.

Chris Church

THANKS!