Can SonicStage record from PC's line-in direct to HiMD?

Rate this topic

ksandbergfl

Ok, so I do a lot of recording on my PC. Old cassettes and albums, internet radio, etc etc. I usually record to 192Kbps MP3 using a tool called AudioGrabber. To get these songs onto my HiMD, I need to fire up SonicStage. I have to select the desired MP3 files, then SonicStage converts them to ATRAC and copies them to my HiMD player.

What I want to know -- can SonicStage be used to record from a PC's line-in, while ripping/copying the music directly to my HiMD?

If so, all I would have to do is - plug in my HiMD to my PC, fire up SonicStage and click on "record"... the songs would already be on my HiMD when recording was finished.

If SonicStage isn't able to do this -- then is there a way to programmatically (via an API) call up the ripping/burning functions of SonicStage, so I don't have to do it manually? It would be nice to pass an array of MP3 file names to a SonicStage API, and have SonicStage rip/copy the files to the HiMD without user input.

Thanks!

Keith

Melbourne, FL

No, no, no, and no.

It begs the question, though: why not just record on the HiMD itself, and upload a copy to SS afterwards?

Because the MZ-NH600D does not have a line-in!!!!!!! If I would've bought a HiMD unit with a line-in, I wouldn't be asking the question. ;-)

SimpleBurner kinda does what I want... I am curious if I can find a way (if there is one) to feed SimpleBurner a list of MP3 files instead of CD tracks. (yes i know about the "CD image" trick, but that's not what I want to do).

I simply want to -- #1 connect my HiMD to my PC; #2 record from cassette with the PC (via PC's line-in) to MP3 files; #3. have MP3 songs AUTOMATICALLY ripped/burned to my HiMD player (thus getting around the inconvenience of manually starting up SS, selecting files, and copying them to the HiMD).

Because the MZ-NH600D does not have a line-in!!!!!!! If I would've bought a HiMD unit with a line-in, I wouldn't be asking the question. ;-)

Ah, well. I didn't know you had a NH600D.

SimpleBurner kinda does what I want... I am curious if I can find a way (if there is one) to feed SimpleBurner a list of MP3 files instead of CD tracks. (yes i know about the "CD image" trick, but that's not what I want to do).

SB's one and only function is ripping CDs. The reason so many of us like it is because it's designed for that one purpose, and it does it well.

I simply want to -- #1 connect my HiMD to my PC; #2 record from cassette with the PC (via PC's line-in) to MP3 files; #3. have MP3 songs AUTOMATICALLY ripped/burned to my HiMD player . . .

I can't foresee SS being modified further to support this. In fact, I hope they don't modify it to support this.

It would be great if they made another standalone app to do it, though. There is obviously demand from users for the ability to timeshift, for example.

Otherwise, though this might seem rude, all I can suggest is - if you want something to record on, buy a recorder.

Otherwise, though this might seem rude, all I can suggest is - if you want something to record on, buy a recorder.

No, that doesn't seem rude at all.... but read my post again, I already have a recorder - my PC. ;-)

Yes, a tool like SimpleBurner to "rip/burn" a list of MP3 files to HiMD is exactly what I want. <sigh.....>