SonicStage won't read CD-Extra CDs?

Rate this topic

victorhooi

heya,

I've just installed SS 3.4 *grins*, but I'm having some issues with getting it to read CD-Extra CD's that I've made.

Audio CD's will work fine, both retail and burnt CD-Rs (just in case somebody asks, copies of original ones I own), but when I put in a CD-Extra CD, I simply get the "Please insert an Audio CD" message. CD-Extra cd's are basically an audio CD in session 1, with a data in session 2 - most audio CD players will only see session 1, so they won't attempt to play the data track.

My CD-Extra cds play in basically every other audio program I've tried under Windows (Foobar2000, WinAmp, Windows Medai Player, VLC, etc.), so a stupid solution would be just to re-rip the CDs them to WAV, import them to SS, and then convert to Atrac.

Then again, the whole reason for me making those CD-Extras from my original CDs was not to damage them, and also so I could put lyrics, cover art, and meta tags on them (I've very pedantic about this). Ripping all those CDs to WAV all over again, and retagging and adding cover art is quite annoying, so any help at all would be greatly appreciated =).

Thanks,

Victor

"My CD-Extra cds play in basically every other audio program I've tried under Windows (Foobar2000, WinAmp, Windows Medai Player, VLC, etc.), so a stupid solution would be just to re-rip the CDs them to WAV, import them to SS, and then convert to Atrac."

Thats what I would do! I have some Cd's like that but I have never tranfered from it... It was via real player... Because I already had them ripped on my laptop before I got a MD player and I don't have the CD's with me at the moment!

heya,

Yes, I'd have to agree iwth 1madman1. I'm pretty sure this used to work with SS 3.3, so I guess it's a regression bug of some sort?

In fact, I just installed SimpleBurner 2.0 from the minidisc.org downloads, and it reads the CD-Extra disc fine that SS 3.4 refuses to read.

I wonder if anybody from Sony frequents these forums, and will see this? Anyway, failing that, anybody here have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Victor