Sonicstage 3.4 Full Installer

Christopher

Minidisc.org is pleased to announce a complete standalone installation file for Sonicstage 3.4, allowing you to install the program on Windows computers lacking a connection to the Internet. As many in the community learned, Sonicstage 3.4 was an epic release with enhanced functionality for Hi-MD users. Simple Burner 2 with PCM support is also bundled. You must be a registered member of the forum (free, takes under a minute) to access the download.+++

File graciously hosted by our excellent and HIGHLY recommended webhosting friends at:

IPB Image

If you are a registered member of the forums (free, takes under a minute to complete), you can access this download in our downloads section, directly available here:

http://forums.minidisc.org/downloads/details.php?file=21

A big thank you to Daijoubu for putting this together.

No problem! Another huge thanks to Daijoubu and Kreative Networks (seriously, what an awesome hosting company)!

Those prices are really good! I would host there If I had the money to spare... Until then I will try to get my computer hosting a site :)

Thanks again! :ok:

Nice one.

I've been waiting for the Sonicstage 3.4 offline installer for what seems an eternity... and now, finally, here it is. Can't wait to use the new features and see what all the fuss is about.

A big thanks to everyone involved in getting it done. ^_^

I have got Windows Media Player 7.10.00.3077 installed on my PC (according to Help > About). When SS34_MDCF.exe starts the installation, it almost immediately stops with the error

"SonicStage 3.4 Setup"

"Please update Windows Media Player to version 7.1 or newer"

The "Show Details" option says

"Detected 8.1.0.3055, Windows Media Player 7.1 or newer requiered (sic)"

I don't particularly want to change WMP because it is yet another lengthy download. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Stephen

I have got Windows Media Player 7.10.00.3077 installed on my PC (according to Help > About). When SS34_MDCF.exe starts the installation, it almost immediately stops with the error

"SonicStage 3.4 Setup"

I don't particularly want to change WMP because it is yet another lengthy download. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Stephen

The irony :D

Looks like the version comparaison script needs fixing

I will take a look :)

Edited by Daijoubu

Hi, bit of a newbie to these forums, so bear with me while I ask:

"Is this program made by Sony or one of the MiniDisc manufacturing companies? If yes, how are you able to offer it on these forums for free download? Doesn't that violate the ubiquitous EULAs? Just curious."

:(

I wasn't for sure if I should post this here or in the software help forum. So feel free to move it if you think it's better there.

Ok, I downloaded the Sonic Stage 3.4 full installer, so I preceeded to run the thing. While it was running the wizards, Spy Bot Search And Destroy decided to block the regisry edits the Setup was trying to do.

It placed a shortcut on my desktop, but it's just targeted at my Sonic Stage 3.2. I'm pretty sure it was established that with this version that you don't need to remove the old version that the new one overlays on the old one? So how do I fix this?

For the life me I can't figure out how to temporarily disable Spy Bot S&D. Does anybody know how to?

As far as I can tell it never installed on my computer!POE

"SonicStage 3.4 Setup"

Thanks

Stephen

Really It dousn't take that long to download...

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...es/default.aspx <- Win 98

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...xp/default.aspx <-Win XP

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...n7/default.aspx <- Other

I took me aroung 1minute with dsl and a download manager...

http://www.stardownloader.com/

WMP is about 1/3 the soze of sonicstage 3.4 download... If you downloaded that what's the problem!

Edited by danielbb90

Update, I realized a few minutes ago that something did take. I can now import,convert in my liabrary,and convert files while transfer to minidisc in the 192 format. There is no option for lossless avaible. The 352 format is only avaible in one place, that is transferring tracks to minidisc, the conversion tool there. I had some WAV files and I tried converting to a disc, in 352, but no good I got a error message.

Has anybody else tried overlaying it on top of 3.2, yet?POE

Has anybody else tried overlaying it on top of 3.2, yet?POE

I just downloaded it here at school and haven't got back to my house yet to try, but when I clicked on the link above

http://forums.minidisc.org/downloads/details.php?file=21

it explicitly suggested that one removes old versions of the program.

I by 3.3 version has been freezing on me a bunch, so I hope this next one is better.

Although, I can't really blame the program, because it is really more likely that my old, crappy computer is to blame.

Thanks everybody!

I wasn't for sure if I should post this here or in the software help forum. So feel free to move it if you think it's better there.

Ok, I downloaded the Sonic Stage 3.4 full installer, so I preceeded to run the thing. While it was running the wizards, Spy Bot Search And Destroy decided to block the regisry edits the Setup was trying to do.

It placed a shortcut on my desktop, but it's just targeted at my Sonic Stage 3.2. I'm pretty sure it was established that with this version that you don't need to remove the old version that the new one overlays on the old one? So how do I fix this?

For the life me I can't figure out how to temporarily disable Spy Bot S&D. Does anybody know how to?

As far as I can tell it never installed on my computer!POE

Hi,

Sorry 4 my (possible :unsure: ) bad English.

1. Stop (temporarily) all protection on your computer (of course disconnect the Internet before).

2. After that uninstall Sonic Stage.

3. Restart your computer.

4. Repeat point 1.

5. Install Sonic Stage 3.4. This time the program should install properly, with no check from your protection programs on your computer.

6. Reactivate all the protection you have disabled.

@ poe, just try a full reinstall as described in the Software support pinned thread... and make sure you aren't running any anti-virus/spyware progs at during the installation... clearly a whole bunch of parts didn't install as they were blocked IMHO

Thanks, for the help I will have to uninstall anyways. Yesterday later in the day I tried to load a cd into Sonic Stage and it shuts down now when I try to import anything. I guess it also damaged stuff.

I finally figured how to shut of Spy Bot S&D,also.

I'll get aroung to it in a couple days, I'll let you guys know how it goes. Later, POE.

help anyone...just downloaded the 3.4 and everything was fine and dandy..(i am runnuing wmp 10 and itunes )...anyway now that i have it ...no music will play ...no volume no movement of tracks...zilch... so i tried just transferring music to my sony md player and it either will not convert or it says tracks cannot be transferred....HELP....i am so lost...i have tried everything including removing the software and all traces of it and just starting over....HELP...thanx grtvibes

I get this when I try d/ling the file. :huh:

"Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.kreativenetworks.net Port 80"

i wonder how long that is going to last for...

Wow this is great! Even if there are some kinks I wouldn't want to lose sight of the fact there is a great amount of time and effort going on here. I'd just like to say Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, to Sony and to this board for making this possible!

Someone else already suggested this in another topic, but why don't you use bittorrent to release it? At least for the first week or two, to get the bulk of the downloads out of the way. After that you can just offer it for download through this site, like you're doing now. Should reduce load on the server significantly, I would guess.

please where i can downlaod sonic stage because when i klik on link he doesnt run

I'm not hearing this....

IPB Image

La da da de la!

When does repeatidaly posting the same thing become spam?

It's not just you Celebi its others too!

Edited by danielbb90

Update, I uninstalled all of Sonic Stage 3.2 and then installed 3.4. No problems so far as I can tell. I can transfer more than 4 ablums at a time with no problems like some people have problems with.

I also notice that when I import a CD into 3.4 it seems about 20-25% faster go figure. Thanks,POE.