What is a fair price for a used MZ-NH1?

Rate this topic

emptyzero

Hello, apologies if this is the wrong forum for this thread. I am thinking about selling my MZ-nh1 deck. I bought it when they were fairly new for around $400 USD but now I see they are retailing for ~ $294.95-315 or am I wrong? I was just wondering what a fair price would be? I wouldn't want to rip anyone off and I'd like to get a fair price for it.

The only thing I am missing is the pair of awesome (sarcasm) headphones it shipped with. I also have some 1GB discs:

9 sealed 1GB discs, they retail at $6.95 each...$6 even sound fair?

14 open (Some barely used if at all.)

1 disc that came with the deck in a different type of case then the rest.

What is a fair price for used discs? $4-5? They are all in very good shape...

thank you for any input,

empty from Minneapolis, MN

Emptyzero, you can look at Ebay, go to Advanced Search and search Completed Listings to see what people have paid lately for the NH1. Since it's a Hi-MD unit and you have all the accessories it should have retained much of its value.

I would think $5 per disc for opened ones and $6 for sealed would be a fair price, and if I hadn't just bought some new ones I would offer that to you. You should get plenty of takers here.

I replied to your PM. In theory I guess it would be $10/12 depending on opened/new but would you be willing to get more than 2? I'd have to look into shipping, I'm not sure. Thanks for the interest.

If any Mods want to move this to the Classifieds forum feel free.

Edited by emptyzero

emptyzero: I'm with A440 about the 1GB - $6 to $7 is the average I've seen. I bought my NH1 for $200, brand new and sealed in box, but I was extremely lucky. As for used NH1s, on Ebay they were running about $205-$231 including shipping. I was watching a few auctions as I was thinking of selling mine a few months ago.

In addition to here, you can also post a classified on Audio T-Board. There are MD enthusiasts there as well.

Good luck!