Post a shot of your set-up/work area

Rate this topic

mercury_in_flames

real full of junk, and the computer gives off noxious fumes every time its on, also its in the most junk filled room at home, most of the junk is on the opposite side where its 2 feet deep

minidisc player is stickied to the ground next to computer with blobs of play doh so it wouldnt get dropped by mistake and the neatly sorted piles of of minidiscs is the only tidy thing here

IPB Image

full of junk and the only colourful room at home, almost all other rooms are boring beige

IPB Image

those dangling elvises not as big as it appears

IPB Image

see the blobs of play doh under the minidisc player and neatly stacked discs

and there's also scribble on the computer screen too done with marker pen

~~~edited to get rid of attachments and replace with real pictures due to picture website delay in making pictures public~~~

Edited by tartan

Wow Greg! You really cleaned house since the last time I saw your setup. Good job! :ok:

Here is my very small office:

IPB Image

Haha, yeah I tidied it just a few days ago, will report back in a month :huh: lol, this is classic though, when was the last time each of you guys cleaned ur rooms? please repond :lol:

well; yous asked for it; please be seated for this:

the south wall:

IPB Image

the east & south walls:

IPB Image

the north wall & closet

IPB Image

the east wall & Looney friends

IPB Image

looking in from hall way:

IPB Image

it's changed a little since i've added the Sima SFX-9 Video Effects Mixer and the Three extra monitors!!!!

Edited by rayzray

• 5 weeks later...

hey guys; i'm re-doing my room; almost drastically; IF; i can get the wires to co-oporate. most of the wires trasent (sp) between the legs/openings of my triple keyboard tripod.

do i un-hook EVERY wire; or hack-saw the leg of the tripod to get the wires free?

i can almost swivel my computer chair now without kocking something down! lol.!

Ray, Is this your room .. :wacko::wacko::wacko::lol:

', yes, stuge, it's my room; my studio; and my dog-house when i am a bad boy. *and sometimes i am such a bad boy*.!!!!

it's the closest thing to a Disney store on wheels; w/o the wheels.

the looney tune heads are my pride and joy ; i paid $400 for them. (well. almost 400). *my nose started to get longer*.!

i fit EVERYTHING in here; almost; and now it is an A/V room/studio sans guinie-pigs.

Sweet! What recorder is that sitting to the right of the laptop on the last pic?

Thats the TASCAM Portastudio 564 MD recorder.

Works great but can only record on the MD-Data discs (unlike the other 4-track MD recorders). Also it has a digital out which is awesome.

Below the laptop out of sight is the E-MU 1616m.

Below the laptop out of sight is the E-MU 1616m.

How do you like that E-MU? We have been using an M-Audio 2496 and standard PC. Obviously it's not very portable so we want something we can lug around easier.

lol, i take it you had those drives before you got the black case?

Nothing a little black vinyl dye can't take care of.

:)

LOL :lol: messy? Are you implying that that is what the rest of us are? imho, I can honestly say if you only if you burn dvd, cd's, or are use a lap top, in my case, it makes keeping a desk tidy rather hard, as I am always swapping usb cables with the 2 ports.

hey man where's the white speakers???

How do you like that E-MU? We have been using an M-Audio 2496 and standard PC. Obviously it's not very portable so we want something we can lug around easier.

The E-MU 1616m is great actually. It connects via PCMCIA so I think it is actually faster than any Firewire/USB2 options. And although it is smaller, it still has 16 inputs/16 outputs plus MIDI I/O. The only thing is that it's not entirely portable, you still need a power supply. But it is great for live shows and definitely more portable than a PCI soundcard on a desktop computer ^_^ . Also the 48v phantom power switch turns on phantom power to both front Mic inputs.

We also have a MOTU 828mkII up on the Mac. The MOTU is pretty portable as well, and rack-mountable (I had to make a rack shelf for the E-MU).

Another plus side of the E-MU 1616m is that it has mastering grade 24-bit/192kHz converters and 120db signal-to-noise ratio. The Motu only has 24-bit/96kHz I think. Although E-MU does sell a slightly downgraded 1616 with similar 24-bit/192kHz converters, but only 112db signal-to noise ratio.

-raintheory

you mean these?:

IPB Image

I prefer the logitech ones better. i'm thinking of getting a 5.1 speaker set, but it would be hard to position all the speakers properly.

hehe, why only 2?

when you can have 4 on each side plus subwoofer! on top of that, You get to see wires, the inner workings, and how its connect together and little blue light that never turn off. oh and the unusal shape of subwoofer..woot woot!

IPB Image

i woud rather have those (TWO speakers) in glass than ANY 5.1 system in the world!

i have yet to position myself right in a 5.1 set-up. i HATE them.

it's like being tied to a tree; with a cigar in your mouth!

Give me two speackers any day;; and matter of fact; EVERY GLASS bling bling i buy;; it breaks somehow; so let's make that glass one with the blue lights; a nice wooden one (real wood) and buy a set of blue "rope Lights" that blink and "Run" in patterns like i have.

*Blue on Blue; the mash-up version playing* and a cup of Starbuck's coffee+; weeee!

yes those glass ones are nice though; can you immagine some ants getting in there? or; a spider making a webb. ? you can't see it in a wooden speaker; but wtf; HOW do you get them out of this one?!

Edited by rayzray

as I am always swapping usb cables with the 2 ports.

Have you thought about using a USB hub or even better installing a PCI USB 2.0 Card to double your number of ports so you can leave some cables plugged in.

Hold on that's not right ....... I've now got 6 USB ports instead of 2. :wacko:

My new set-up...

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j243/asa.../CIMG5276-e.jpg

nothing too special - yet I love having 2 screens... once you have 2, there is no way you can go back to 1... there is just so much more you can do with your pc. Love it :D

Extended desktop... I need to do that when I get chance...

My laptop supports it! and I have the deskspace but not the desktop space on screen! :lol:

Another flat screen monitor probably I'm not having a bulky one! lol

my piano students wanted me to have two PC's with ((ONE screen))!! does that make sense? i opted with 2 PC's two Screems and two keyboards; well we all know i do eveything by two's.

why do you need two screens; this means i (rayzray) can have 4 screens then; if i had a purpose for it.