RH-10 output?

Rate this topic

dogville

I would like to know the output of this gadget (European one). For instance, I know that the mp3 player I-audio M5 is 20w + 20 w but I can't find anywhere this data on the R-10 minidisc.I tried the i-audio and the output is great especially in noisy places. I got an old md and the output is only 9w +9w which I consider poor. This technical feature is important for me in view to buying the RH-10

Thanks

I would like to know the output of this gadget (European one). For instance, I know that the mp3 player I-audio M5 is 20w + 20 w but I can't find anywhere this data on the R-10 minidisc.I tried the i-audio and the output is great especially in noisy places. I got an old md and the output is only 9w +9w which I consider poor. This technical feature is important for me in view to buying the RH-10

Thanks

I'm not shure but think with the EU restriction it's about 3mw and without it (which is pretty easy to change ;) ) it's about 5mW.

This sounds poor compared to your figures about the I-audio. But it is enormous, even much more than you can use with normal headphones, realy believe me.

I don't know what this figures about the output can realy say about the volume of the Output, but I thought my older MZ-R30 provides about 10mW output and it is has much lower volume than the Rh10.

Before deciding technical specs against another, have a try with both units. You will see that the Rh10 provides more volume than you can tolerate ;)

edit: R30s output is 5mw, but its lower anyhow.

Edited by eMDe

I think the European limit is 2.8 but is easily hacked to 5. I find that with normal earbud headphones I have plenty of volume on the busy subway at volume 22/30. This is with all my MD units but the output is the same as the RH10. Unless you're using enormous power-demanding headphones then it shouldn't be a problem.

My Sharp MD-MT170 had a 10mw output. My R900 5mw. It was not a big difference in volume but it was noticable. TBH 5mw is more than enough for me. Any louder and it is too much for me.

I suggest getting some isolation style headphones and the lower output will not mean much. Using open buds or headphones just makes you want to boost the volume up and you could potentially damage your hearing.

I'm not shure but think with the EU restriction it's about 3mw and without it (which is pretty easy to change ;) ) it's about 5mW.

This sounds poor compared to your figures about the I-audio. But it is enormous, even much more than you can use with normal headphones, realy believe me.

I don't know what this figures about the output can realy say about the volume of the Output, but I thought my older MZ-R30 provides about 10mW output and it is has much lower volume than the Rh10.

Before deciding technical specs against another, have a try with both units. You will see that the Rh10 provides more volume than you can tolerate ;)

edit: R30s output is 5mw, but its lower anyhow.

I guess it must be because of the digital amp the rh-10 has, or not?

Thanks for your reply

Thanks

I can't tell you exact numbers, but when i hook up my RH10 to a stereo system I have to raise the volume all the way up. The lack of volume power and bass response are 2 things I dislike about my unit.

I can't tell you exact numbers, but when i hook up my RH10 to a stereo system I have to raise the volume all the way up. The lack of volume power and bass response are 2 things I dislike about my unit.

how good in volume and qualit is the original source; and how many transitions were there on you material.music.

seems if the source was recorded properly, you wouldn't have to boost you RH10 too much.

i have no trouble with my Hi-MD900's.

how good in volume and qualit is the original source; and how many transitions were there on you material.music.

seems if the source was recorded properly, you wouldn't have to boost you RH10 too much.

i have no trouble with my Hi-MD900's.

These are MP3s converted to Hi-SP with a volume of 98db. Even Hi-SP recordings straight from CDs don't sound loud when hooked up to a stereo.

Doesn't the RH10 have a line-out? Although still weak (for a line-out) this would help. I have never had any trouble when hooked up to a hifi, if it's not loud enough then I turn up the volume on the hifi. Of course, I don't know how loud you listen to your hifi...

BTW if your RH10 is European I think it's limited to 2.8mW.

Playing a SP disk (older legacy format @ 292) which was made digitally using the Synchro mode on my MD/CD deck combo (CP500MD) I notice the following.

Loudest Old legacy RZ90 unit

almost the same NH1, Hacked RH10. --Might be "psychological" but the NH1 seems to produce a very slightly higher output --digital amp maybe just don't know.

N10 least output (I think it's only 3+3 mw and I'm not sure if it's hackable might be but I haven't done it).

In Hi-MD mode I can't tell the difference between the NH1 and the RH10 (volume Hacked).

It's possible that in Legacy mode the reason why the older unit sounds slightly louder is that it's playing in its "Native Mode" whereas some sort of processing is taking place in the Hi-MD units for playing legacy sounds. This might be pure B/S I just don't know, however repeated blind testing confirms the above results.

Cheers

-K

Doesn't the RH10 have a line-out? Although still weak (for a line-out) this would help. I have never had any trouble when hooked up to a hifi, if it's not loud enough then I turn up the volume on the hifi. Of course, I don't know how loud you listen to your hifi...

My Japanese RH10 doesn't have a line out, nor does it have a selectable line-out mode. I'm forced to raise the volume all the way, and turn the EQ off, before hooking it up to a hi-fi, or through my car's AUX input.

It's no biggie, really; the only thing you have to remember is to turn it back down when transitioning from car/home use to a portable once again...