Network Walkman | NW-A608SI Winter 2005 Special Edition Pictorial

Rate this topic

gallery_5220_278_9305.jpg

Network Walkman | NW-A608SI Winter 2005 Special Edition

I present to you all, my NW-A608SI Winter 2005 Special Edition ~ silver box edition pictorial. For those not familiar with this unit, the silver box edition comes with a protective crystal front case (made of polycarbonate material); otherwise, it is identical to its matching black box edition. More pictures will follow shortly. Enjoy. :clover:

<HR noShade SIZE=1>

The Package

gallery_5220_278_110006.jpg

gallery_5220_278_132964.jpg

gallery_5220_278_18248.jpg

gallery_5220_278_14879.jpg

gallery_5220_278_111752.jpg

<HR noShade SIZE=1>

NW-A608SI Winter 2005 Special Edition

gallery_5220_278_123352.jpg

gallery_5220_278_93923.jpg

gallery_5220_278_52987.jpg

gallery_5220_278_115953.jpg

<HR noShade SIZE=1>

NW-A608SI Winter 2005 Special Edition | Exclusive Snow Crystal Display Screen

gallery_5220_278_41046.jpg

<HR noShade SIZE=1>

NW-A608SI Winter 2005 Special Edition | Exclusive Protective Crystal Front Case

gallery_5220_278_27290.jpg

gallery_5220_278_99257.jpg

<HR noShade SIZE=1>

USB AC Adaptor | AC-U50A

gallery_5220_278_1604.jpg

gallery_5220_278_135094.jpg

gallery_5220_278_65929.jpg

<HR noShade SIZE=1>

The crystal snow display screen looks beautiful.

Ishiyoshi, you seem to have passed up on the engraving option ?

How does the Exclusive Protective Crystal Case attach to the A608 ? Is it held in place by friction ?

Edited by bogon07

The crystal snow display screen looks beautiful.

Ishiyoshi, you seem to have passed up on the engraving option ?

Yes, I did in fact forgo the engraving option since I prefer the brushed aluminum in mint condition so to speak.

How does the Exclusive Protective Crystal Case attach to the A608 ? Is it held in place by friction ?

It works pretty well - keeps dust and finger prints off the display area of the unit. The crystal case attaches onto the display screen area from the top and it is held in place by the way it’s molded – the crystal case itself is relatively flexible, takes the form of that display screen area (as shown in my pictorial) and sort of snap in place once it’s attached to the area in question.

I have to agree with you on that especially as the engraving shown in your original post advertising A608SI was a different style and size to the existing text stamped on the back of the player.

The snap-on case really seems a useful accessory, hope it gains a wider distribution.

The snap-on case really seems a useful accessory, hope it gains a wider distribution.

Yes, indeed. The crystal case was actually made by another Japanese company that produces display stands and rubber/silicon cases for the Network Walkman, the PSP, the iPod and other DAPs. So, hopefully we will see a plethora of protective cases for the Network Walkman soon.

It's a gift from my sister; so yes, from family back home.

Also Ishi ...I have noticed that you have removed the back stickers ( Including the Serial one) .I think you don`t like stickers on your Player ...

Yes, indeed. The crystal case was actually made by another Japanese company that produces display stands and rubber/silicon cases for the Network Walkman, the PSP, the iPod and other DAPs. So, hopefully we will see a plethora of protective cases for the Network Walkman soon.

Do you by any chance know the name of that company?

Since you took off the back labels have to ask, is this made in China like the rest or is it "Special" enough to be made in Japan?

This Special Edition is aslo Made In China but I t doesn`t matter because Quality that`s matter & Sony products whether it is Made in China or Japan are always of Good Quality .

Picture taken From Kungfool reviews Here

Also Don`t take this disscussion Further

• 2 weeks later...

This Special Edition is aslo Made In China but I t doesn`t matter because Quality that`s matter & Sony products whether it is Made in China or Japan are always of Good Quality .

Sorry, I have to disagree a little. From my experience, all of my Sony products made in Japan have been of better quality and longevity than my Sony products not made in Japan. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...