Smallest Portable Player?

Rate this topic

aethyrmaster

I know that the MZ-E10 is Sony's smallest, but what currently hold the record for the smallest portable player? I tried google, but I got an old link to a page on MiniDisc T-station that hasn't existed since they turned Wiki. They were saying that the Panasonic MJ-97 is the world's smallest portable player. What other players fall in the same size category? Which one is the winner? Does anyone have pictures they can post?

N10 must be pretty small. AFAIK its certainly the thinnest.

Disadvantage is that it has an internal battery (easy to change but you do actually have to partially disassemble the unit (remove the jog dial but it's easy).

It has an external battery case as well if you need more battery life.

Cheers

-K

if we include the kind of rubbish MP3-players you can find in cheapo-shops... we're pretty much down to 1x1x3 cm I guess (perhaps even smaller)... but they do not really carry model-names or even makes and they sound like some mobile phone with 'realtunes' ringing right in your earholes so I wouldn't really call them audio-players

I assume the question is about portable MD players, not just portable mp3 players. Here's the smallest Hi-MD

http://www.minidisc.org/part_Sony_MZ-EH1.html

and for others, just look in the Browser tab. It depends what kind of MD you want to play: regular MD players can be a bit smaller, but you don't get the extra capacity of Hi-MD.

I don't care whether or not it's HI-MD or not, I'm just asking what the smallest MD player in the world is as of right now.

how close behind is the MJ-97 by Panasonic?

I will let you be the judge:

MZ-E10: 81.9 x 72.2 x 9.9 (width × height × depth)(mm)

SJ-MJ97: 70.7 × 77.4 × 10.2 (width × height × depth)(mm)

Note: world's smallest in terms of depth. In the MD format, producers aim for the 10mm mark so that they can claim the "world's smallest" unit so to speak for their respective MD unit.

in my circle of friends; smallest is not good. is there anything written that states the actueal "Life' of one of these units? to make it that small; perhaps the parts and moving parts in the unit may be rampid to falls and maybe just a bit shy.

so, does anyone know of a person that ownes one of these that kept if active for at least one year?

a girl ; a LONG time ago said to me; gee you have cute small ears; i grew my hair long and never cut it again.!

so, does anyone know of a person that ownes one of these that kept if active for at least one year?

I have the MZ-E10 (you can review my pictorial within the "Pictorial-Review" section of our forum) since its advent and it's still running like clockwork. In addition to the MZ-E10, I have other smaller or mini-sized gadget which is still in excellent operational condition after years of usage.

Regardless size of the MD in question (not taking build and component quality into consideration), its life expectancy, in my opinion is relative to how one use it.