Is Sony Missing a Beat By Not Offering Hi-MD Options?

Christopher

Should Sony Make..  

1. 1. Should Sony Make a Hi-MD Car Unit?

• Yes, and I would buy it.
    • Yes, but I wouldn't buy it.
    • No.
  2. 2. Should Sony Make a Pro Hi-MD Deck?

• Yes, and I would buy it.
    • Yes, but I wouldn't buy it.
    • No.

Lack of a Hi-MD car deck is what is stopping me from making the jump from NetMD. And since my old NetMD is pretty much deded if they don't announce one soon I might have to give up the MD thats in there in favour of a MP3/CD model like the CDX-GT300, as much as I am loathe to do so.

I like MDs in the car because they are a lot less fiddly, and you don't have to worry about getting them scratched etc as has already been mentioned, we all know they're pretty much indestructible :D But CD-Rs are cheap enough now that if a CD was to get heavily scratched could just burn off a new one...

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Hi-MD PRODECK SERIES IS A GREAT IDEA, MARVELOUS, IF HAVE POSIBILITIES TO UPLOAD RECS IN HI MD MODES WITH SAMPLE RATE CONVERTER (ATRAC3 132, 192, 256, 64 KBPS)TO DA COMPUTER, WITH A EL ORGANIC DISPLAY, WITH SPECTRUM ANALIZER PER CHANNEL (MZ-RH1), NOISE REDUCTION PER CHANNEL, OPTICAL DIGITAL IN/OUT, RCA IN/OUT, AND MORE :-)

UN DECK PRO SERIES ES UNA GRAN IDEA, MARAVILLOSA, SI TIENE LAS POSIBILIDADES DE SUBIR A LA COMPUTADORA EN HI MD MODES CON UN SAMPLE RATE CONVERTER (ATRAC3 132, 192, 256, 64 KBPS) A LA COMPUTADORA, CON UNA PANTALLA ORGANICA EL, CON ANALIZADOR DE ESPECTRO POR CANAL, REDUCCION DE RUIDO POR CANAL, ENTRADA Y SALIDA OPTICA DIGITAL, ENTRADA/SALIDA RCA, Y MAS :-)

GREETINGS FROM MEXICO CITY, JN

I LOVE MY SONY MDS-S39 MD DECK,

A NEW GENERATION OF MDS-S39 IN DA 2008 !!!!!!!!!!!!

UUUUUUU I LIKE IT

I WANT IT

I LOVE IT

SONY I WANT YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Hi-MD PRODECK SERIES IS A GREAT IDEA, MARVELOUS, IF HAVE POSIBILITIES TO UPLOAD RECS IN HI MD MODES WITH SAMPLE RATE CONVERTER (ATRAC3 132, 192, 256, 64 KBPS)TO DA COMPUTER, WITH A EL ORGANIC DISPLAY, WITH SPECTRUM ANALIZER PER CHANNEL (MZ-RH1), NOISE REDUCTION PER CHANNEL, OPTICAL DIGITAL IN/OUT, RCA IN/OUT, AND MORE :-)

UN DECK PRO SERIES ES UNA GRAN IDEA, MARAVILLOSA, SI TIENE LAS POSIBILIDADES DE SUBIR A LA COMPUTADORA EN HI MD MODES CON UN SAMPLE RATE CONVERTER (ATRAC3 132, 192, 256, 64 KBPS) A LA COMPUTADORA, CON UNA PANTALLA ORGANICA EL, CON ANALIZADOR DE ESPECTRO POR CANAL, REDUCCION DE RUIDO POR CANAL, ENTRADA Y SALIDA OPTICA DIGITAL, ENTRADA/SALIDA RCA, Y MAS :-)

GREETINGS FROM MEXICO CITY, JN

I LOVE MY SONY MDS-S39 MD DECK,

A NEW GENERATION OF MDS-S39 IN DA 2008 !!!!!!!!!!!!

UUUUUUU I LIKE IT

I WANT IT

I LOVE IT

SONY I WANT YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREETINGS FROM MEXICO CITY,

SALUDOS DESDE LA CIUDAD DE MEXICO :ok::D

I hope Sony would make an ES class deck: I have a mds-ja 20ES, and it sound incredibly good. The limit is the artifacts of old sp atract with some difficult music ( miles Davis for example). No doubt I would buy MDS ja20 ES with PCM and atrac3+ ! (I've made some listening tests with MDS-JB980 and I was disappointed compared to JA20ES.I think CNA were only hybrid pulse ones thzt don't reach current pulse quality: sound is less smooth, harsh...)

Onkyo md-133 is very good but still doesn't reach ja20ES sound quality.

More than everything I would like in dash car unit with just a slot for the disc, no necessary flip pannel.

perhaps a changer (10 GB) would be interesting...

Edited by garcou

i have soooo many decks; but no Pro decks; but i can do "pro Stuff" wit my not so Pro Decks ; all 26 or 27 of them; IMAGINE what i can do with ONE sweakin Hi-MD deck; maybe conquor the world.

my life has been great;all music; what an ending to my life if i can be burried wit my first piano stool and a Hi-MD Deck.

I have so many minidisc units but in these days I have bought the mz-dh10p.....it's fantastic!!!! :D

What about hi-md photo?!? and hi-md data?!??! i always use them!!!

i'd like very much listening at home my hi-md compilation... a hi-md deck would be wonderful for me!! :clapping:

Of course we are thrilled that the format still lives on, but...

As someone mentioned above it seems as if the format at this moment is only intended for recording en transferring purpose.

One must be aware though, that in this case Sony won't sell much 1Gb disks, because we can reuse them 1-million times to transfer recorded material. Economically a strange situation for an inventing company.

If you want the consumer to build up a considerable archive on MD, you have to offer him a home-deck.

Now there are two scenarios to be drawn.

1. The home deck surely is underway, unless Sony is not trying to make a profit from MD business anymore. In the latter case they still derive praise from the MD-consumer because they do finish the job (Imaginable just to preserve a good name when it comes to not letting the public down half way).

The best thing to happen would be of course coming with a homedeck AND continue and stretch the HiMD future.

2. In secret they (Sony) are developing a super minidisk that might use blue laser technics (as someone on the forum suggested), that may outperform other formats, especially in price/performance terms.

It is of great importance for a firm to have faith from the consumer, especially when they are innovative. If so then they can gain a flying start when coming out with new technologic discoveries. Think about Elcaset, Betamax, DAT recording, Video 8, Video Hi-8, Memory stick etc.

This is the consequence of an innovating company, sometimes you win even so often you may loose.

My conclusion: looking at the past then you have to leave the job in a neat way, so as to keep the goodwill already gained, which you need for future developments.

Oti

Sony continues to let the consumer down in other fields too; i think until they do a COMPLETE management flutterupper; we have no hope; they must get rid of "dead Meat"! seat and wheat too!

one example]]

their Sony Anycast Station; as reviewed by "Studio" magazine (02/06 Vol.28/No.3)

negative statements throughout review:

1. Audio mixng functionality felt even more cramped than video switching.

2. However; you won't be able to accept line-level stereo feeds from two separate computer sources.

3. The AWS-G500 has a built-in character generator for creating title keys to feed the DSK, BUT amazingly, the CG application completely takes over the machine, shutting down the switching function entirely.

4. -.... the Anycast suffers from an attempt to do too many different things without focusing on doing any one of them particularly well....

5. oh and the cost $19,500 USD; you'd think for that much money, they could get it right!!!!

yes; it's their "attidude"; get rid of the "dead_Meat, Sony!!!!

and this of course reflects on all other Sony Products; including Hi-MD; and "THE DECK"; and i as a former Sony Bling bling enthusiest finaly admits defeat of the higher-uppers ther ; or should i was the un-defeat of them; they THINK they are winning; but slowly dying a slow death.

please don't burry them in RI; there is no room for them!!!!

oh, moral of the post; don't TRUST Sony in the future; i don't (IMO).!

Edited by rayzray

I have had MD equipment since 2000. I started with the MD-DX 3 because I needed a new CD player and recording equipment after a fire. MD seemed to be the way to go. Later I bought a portable player with radio, the MZ-R750. I have used the latter mainly for recording vinyl plugged into other people's hifi.

I have been rather doubtful of the future of the MD format and the Mac support has been dire so far. At least it looks like Sony is correcting some of the earlier errors with MD.

I am really looking forward to the new machine which will finally make it possible to put legacy discs to the computer without having to rerecord the files in real time.

Will I buy a new deck too? Eventually I would need a replacement machine for my MD-DX 3 and I would like the new deck to be a combo with a very good CD player and fast dubbing in PCM. Optical in/out would be great to for copying legacy disks.

At least it seems that Sony is working on some good new products and this is good news for us.

iMark

If Sony made a Hi-MD deck, I would buy it. It wouldn't need to be a pro deck, either. Just a regular run-of-the-mill deck would be fine.

I think Sony should make a car unit, but I probably wouldn't buy one. My truck is too old and the speakers are too poor for it to be worth it to me. I'm satisfied with my NE410 or NH700 plugged into the AUX IN.

Hello,

I'm french, and I really enjoy the MD/Hi-MD world.

I've got 2 MD car units (1 from Sony, and 1 from JVC) for my 2 cars.

It would be very nice from sony to make an Hi-MD car unit. And like JVC made it (the one I've got), it could be made with a MD and CD player in a single din car unit (Hi-MD + CD player in our case).

So, please Sony, take the best from JVC, and the best from what you have already done to build a strong Hi-MD/CD player for our cars!!

And if it's not possible, why not making a link from an Hi-MD walkman to a car unit, like it already exists for the I-pod?

The death of this format will be realized if Sony doesn't at LEAST release SOME kind of semi-pro deck. Otherwise, Hi-MD will ONLY be regulated as a transition medium to get recordings from your portable recorder to the computer, only to be put on ANOTHER format (probably CD) for ACTUAL USE. This format can NOT survive if its limited such a way. MD was designed to be LISTENED TO as well. I HATE burning CD's...they NEVER last, they ALWAYS end up skipping/chirping, the edit points are NEVER exact, etc.; What the hell is the point in recording something on a great MD recorder only to upload it to a computer, edit it on a computer, and burn a CD? I think it is DEGRADING to slap MD in the face like that. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO RECORD HI-MD'S AND THUS PLAY THE DISCS I'VE RECORDED ON MY DAMN STEREO WITHOUT A F****N' COMPUTER AROUND ME! I use MD for everything, ESPECIALLY playing the discs back! 99% of what I listen to is from MD. To disgrace this format (with its wonderful native editing capabilities) by regulating it to essentially a faceless digital initial recording device to transfer music to a damn computer unused to its full potential pisses me the hell off!

Also, what the hell is the point of having removable media if YOU CAN'T REMOVE THE MEDIA AND PLAY IT ON OTHER EQUIPMENT? There is NO logic in this! This scenario DOES pose the argument that a flash or hard-disc recorder IS more beneficial if Hi-MD recorders are ONLY used to get recordings to a computer! Why would you have to remove the media? THERE AREN'T ANY OTHER DECKS/BOOKSHELVES/CAR STEREOS TO PLAY THEM IN! You're not going to "use" MD to actually listen to your final copy if its regulated to "just" the inital sound recorder only to be bastardized by a computer and CD'R's. If this is ALL most Hi-MD users want out of Hi-MD then such a rewarding and all-encompassing perfect format should not survive if it cannot blossom to its potential.

Basically, it makes absolutely NO SENSE to only offer a removable media portable recorder IF YOU CANNOT PLAY THE REMOVABLE MEDIA ANYWHERE ELSE. THIS IS ABSURDITY AT ITS UTMOST IGNORANT.

Also, if Sony "thinks" Hi-MD will go semi-pro, without ANY kind of deck, it will NOT succeed. Absolute bottom line.

Sony, build ANY deck. Otherwise, MD WILL die. Sadly.

I greatly appreciated your posting and found so much to agree with. I'm a relatively recent convert to MD and am impressed by the format but regret that Sony do not appear to have taken full advantage of their technology.

What I really want is a portable deck with the option of XLR inputs with quiet phantom power and a pre amp. I loved the MZ-RH10 for its relyability in my fieldwork last summer, but there is a lot of room for improvement. The software issues are being addressed, now it's time for the hardware.

Jazzworkerbee

The car HiMD player would be a convenience but not crucial for me. I wouldn't bother with it myself. A cassette adapter works fine for the rare times that I listen to MDs in the car.

A pro- or semi-pro HiMD recorder could be very interesting. Perhaps as a machine for studio transfers and archiving, while keeping a portable for field work and sound gathering. One version with industry-standard inputs and outputs (SPDIF, AES/EBU, TOSLINK) would find a market. A stripped-down version with basic analog inputs and outputs would appeal to theatrical venues, bars, or other places that use background or incidental music. MD would be more stable, flexible, and convenient to use than CD players.

But the most significant improvement that Sony could make would be to add simple, hardware control of recording levels to the portables. Use buttons or knobs! I miss the ease of live recording on my first MD, a Sharp. The 'plus' button raised the level; the 'minus' button lowered the level. Simple, effective, reliable, and not expensive.

On the Sony that I bought to replace the Sharp when it stopped finalizing recordings, I have to fuss with menus, the sequence of which I usually forget. This inhibits my effective use of this recorder because it takes too much time in the field. Often, the subject of a recording is unpredictable and needs a quick response. And I cannot "ride the fader" with the Sony. I would have replaced the first Sharp with another Sharp, but this brand is almost extinct in Canada. Sony should allow other manufacturers to build HiMD machines - to keep themselves honest and widen the format's market.

I think that Onkyo or someone else will create a fullsize (43-44 cm) Hi-MD deck early.

Sony thinking and dreaming about Blue-Ray, PS3, SACD and about GREAT MONEY and money and money....

Hi-MD is not priority product for Sony. I think so... :mellow:

I have a 480 deck (bought cheap from end-of-line sale at a UK store), and an older 510 that my son uses, and every male in the family has a MD portable player or recorder but I would LOVE to be able to buy a good Hi-MD deck, especially one that has:

- optical digital in/out

- USB 2 connection

- microphone inputs on the front

- good timer facility so I can easily record stuff from radio

- solid and well-made, like the 980

I have a bit more faith in the chance of Sony doing this after news of the new MZ-RH1 following hard on the heels of the Sonic Stage 3.4 upgrade (which is currently being used on this computer to upload about 2,000 tracks to my son'e new NWA-3000, in ATRAC format!).

I personally wouldn't want a car deck.

Let's hope.

And thank you Kuriso for suggesting we do this in the hope that the new, more sensible, Sony is watching.

ddf

If Sony has abandonned DAT, a Hi-MD deck is necessary for PCM recordings, if nothing else, as a replacement. CDRs and hard drives can't be depended on for long-term storage, the way MD can.

I can't imagine a (semi)pro recording studio or radio station using Hi-MD in the studio, if they have no choice but to use portable equipment.

I would love to see a Hi-MD deck.

I'd definitely buy one.

Similar to the MDS-JB980(s) I've got, would be good. I've been really happy with the 980, but hardly ever use it now. Only really use it as a DAC!

If they priced it around £250-£300 I'd buy it. More than that and I'd wait a year and then buy it.

... or use my credit card and worry about it later!

With the release of the MZ-RH1 which can upload old LP, SP, LP2, LP4 from conventional minidiscs, my JB980 might start getting used again!

Record on the 980, then upload using the RH1.

Annoying, but it would work!

Go on Sony - Hi-MD can still go places!!

If Sony has abandonned DAT, a Hi-MD deck is necessary for PCM recordings, if nothing else, as a replacement. CDRs and hard drives can't be depended on for long-term storage, the way MD can.

I can't imagine a (semi)pro recording studio or radio station using Hi-MD in the studio, if they have no choice but to use portable equipment.

Pro DAT deck for studios and radiostations are still available (Tascam for the example). DAT and MD (or HiMD) are only home formats or semi-pro but not only Pro. Now Hi-MD Atrac3+ is competitor for MP3 not CD or DAT.

Recently I read an article in which Sony had made a device that records in the MPEG-4 format directly to Memory Stick Pro Duo cards. I know Neuros is doing it as well, since I own the Neuros device.

What I would love to see is Sony create a device that would record to Hi-MD as well as Memory Stick Pro Duo for people to watch on their TV or PC. Sony has set out patents to do such things. Sony needs to realize there is still much money to be made on the Hi-MD format. They simply need to listen to all who post on this form.

I absolutely agree that Sony must build a Hi-MD deck (as I posted earlier), but some ideas that some of you have posted would really be great. For example a dual deck with multiple digital inputs and outputs would be the solution for many of us. What I would also like to see is a deck that would allow you to transcode video material from your computer to minidisc. If somehow, you could have those editing abilities you have on minidisc audio, added to a video device, now you have something in which television people could use to edit on the field.

Sony needs to realize that minidisc is one of the best formats they have ever created. They need to focus it to the needs of the pro and semi-pros, however keep stuff around for audiophiles. If they extend this to video we have the perfect medium.

I'm using minidisc since 1995 (MZR2; MDS-je530; MZR700; MZE500; Kenwood D401)

as you can see the last three units support MD/LP; however my home deck is still one without MD/LP, why? because Sony has never put on the market a MDLP deck with comparable features as MDS-je530 at a reasonable price (most CD players have coax digital output, cheapest MD-LP deck with coax digital in costs about €400...)

So if Sony cannot offer a HiMD quality deck on the market for less than €250 only limited cusyomer will buy it...

Car decks:

my kenwood costed about €600 for the MD player (3 MD changer; it is connected to the Kenwood car tuner via the CD-changer port

So I will not replace it because sony does not offer products that are compatible with Kenwood cd changer port; it will probably be to expensive, I do not have a 'recorder' to benefit HiMD

An upper middle class Hi-MD deck is an absolute necessity, as a portable unit will never reach the same playback quality and comfort of use! The MDS-JB980 needs a successor on the latest level of technology, including Hi-MD recording modes and the MD upload feature of the MZ-RH1. I would buy such a deck if it wasn't more than EUR 450,-.

A car deck would be nice (though not that necessary), especially if it had recording capability. I would certainly buy one if I could use it for recording of interesting radio shows while being on the road.

I had already voted in this poll...but I hadn't explained my choice yet:

I chose yes, but I wouldn't buy it for the deck and NO for the car-unit.

Why? well, I honestly believe HiMD has a future still, but only as a recording medium. I do not mean this in a restrictive way: you can all use it as a playback medium if you want to, but you can do this already! a decent car-unit with aux -in will give you as good a SQ as you can hope to achieve in a car (ever heard of engine noise etc?)

On the other hand, I am very happy with the announced RH1, a true recorder! Sony has finally chosen a path to go for with HiMD: amateur and (semi-)pro recording. I think this is a more realistic path than trying to compete with the HDD and flash-based players out there. So a deck could be useful, but indeed a pro-deck that allows pro-users more editing-options and playback for pro uses (radio etc) but would I buy one? No, I have a need for a (portable) recorder which can upload to a Pc (preferably a mac). After that I can do with the recordings what I want (burn on CD for HiFi listening, convert to the codec of choice for playback on a dedicated portable player of choice, connect this player to the car-unit through an aux-in,... you name it)

what I am afraid of is that by trying to get Sony to read yet another 'petition' we're really overdoing it! At a moment where Sony has just announced a great unit that actually has the most requested feature: "uploading of legacy formats" and a whole lot more features WE requested... we're not really giving positive feedback (yeah, a bit in the dedicated RH1-thread...but even there...) we're again nagging about the thing we didn't get from Sony yet (mono-recording, a car unit, a deck,...)

To be honest, if I was a Sony CEO and I read those remarks, I would say: "screw 'em all! I'm ditching HiMD right here, right now 'cause whatever we do, even if we give them the features they ask for thsi nagging bunch of ppl will always find another thing we've forgotten and it won't be good enough ever. Perhaps we could have sold a bunch of units to them and perhaps we might lose a bunch of customers now... but this doesn't weigh up to the peace and quiet we gain if we simply stop supporting the format!"

please do not read to much in this... I had a long day at work and it looks like it will continue for a couple of hours still! but really you guys should learn to be glad with what you've got from time to time :lol: life's quite a bit nicer if one doesn't complain all the time! and now I'm going to listen to my own advice and take a welldeserved dinner-break (it's 6pm here) and afterwards go back to work with renewed energy

ll, I honestly believe HiMD has a future still, but only as a recording medium. I do not mean this in a restrictive way: you can all use it as a playback medium if you want to, but you can do this already! a decent car-unit with aux -in will give you as good a SQ as you can hope to achieve in a car (ever heard of engine noise etc?)

My sentiments exactly. I could never understand why people would spend hundreds->thousands on their car stereos only to have the sound drowned out at 35+ mph.

I voted yes for a home deck. I could just as easily use my NH1 which is already connected to my receiver, but having a deck would make life easier, especially if it had a timer record function.

My sentiments exactly. I could never understand why people would spend hundreds->thousands on their car stereos only to have the sound drowned out at 35+ mph.

I voted yes for a home deck. I could just as easily use my NH1 which is already connected to my receiver, but having a deck would make life easier, especially if it had a timer record function.

YES! And IR remote control!!! :ok:B)

Well Volta, home decks and a car units had been in demand since HiMD had been introduced in 2004.

Atleast, the way the RH1 is designed, it is currently the best alternative to a real deck. (Display on the front, Disc coming out to the front, relatively big buttons)

However, there is only one way to keep HiMD alive: Buying it.

Edited by jadeclaw

I would most definaetly buy a home deck. Actually the reason I haven't gotten into HI-MD yet is because there is no deck. I love me portables... and I have many but, I absolutely love to put a disc into a deck attached to my system. It's the only way to go. So yes, if Sony manufactures a deck I will not only buy it but the RH1 as well.

As for a car deck most likely not. I simply don't drive much. Perhaps if I did I would consider a deck.

There is a lot of reasons to ask Sony to produce a Hi-MD deck, personally for me it would be a best way of what I'm doing - for a long time I've been restoring a vynil records and since my music memory and hearing abilities pretty solid, I had to record the content of an album to a minidisc deck (MDS-JA30ES-G), then thanks to wide edit capabilities in MD format I devided tracks in to a sectors and when riding in subway for 2,5 hours a day I was listening and memorized most of the audio distortions, pops and clicks. You might find it strange - try a high quality headphones in subway and play a vynil recordings - you'll see...

And then I digitized records to my computer at Hi-resolution, I already had a "map" with time marks where I should expect abnormalities in recording. This way saved me a lot of time spent on something else...

Now back to the features:

A. Optical/coax/analog ins and outs;

B. USB port with ability to UP/DOWNLOAD to MAC/PC or clone to portable recorder

C. Variable coefficient audio filters like on Hi-End CD players CDP-XA7ES, CDP-XA50ES.

D. Support of all legacy/MDLP/HI-MD formats;

E. Choice of recording formats, i.e. native ATRAC/HI-SP/Linear PCM;

F. Super Bit Mapping for Analog uncompressed recording;

G. Scale Factor Edit/Non Clip option;

H. PS-2 input on front panel for easy titling with a computer keyboard.

I. All the best and usefull editing features developed in MD format over the years.

SONY - if you are reading this please take a look on a beginning of my Sony equipment list below, and honestly tell - what else you want us to do to show our appreciation and support to you?

I WANT A HI-MD DECK! IF DAT IS ALMOST DEAD LETS NOT TO KILL THE BEST SOUNDING COMPRESSED FORMAT!

I've wanted both a home deck and car unit for what seems like forever. I'd pretty well given up on the idea of replacing my old MDLP/CD deck, but it'd be nice.

What I would really like now is a Hi-MD computer drive, preferably 3.5" size, but 5.25" would do. I use my MZ-NH900 for both audio and data. BUT, it'd need some decent (ie not Sony) software to run it properly.

a car head un it would actually be genious! sony only make i think 2 minidisc in car changers, but only MDLP compatible, and with a hi-md head unit it would remove the need for a changer. go on sony, you know you want to, i will definately buy one!

i also use my mz-nh900 for data storage, and an internal drive for my pc would be endlessly useful, are even a high speed usb external unit woould be just as good, as long as it could write faster than my portable player.

dR. hIlLmAnN

[let me qualify myself to make this statement: i own 27 Sony units Mostly Decks; and all the connecting hardware that goes with it. and probably over 800 MD's , but only about 8 Hi-MD discs; that a LOT of FWEAKIN money i invested in a format; that ("WAS SUPPOSE TO LAST ME A LONG TIME DJ'ING") ESPECIALLY KEEPING THE dECKS GOING AND UP-TO-DATE!!!!!!!!

i have come to the conclusion Sony as a company has become a "Quitter" and have let a lot of ppl down; especially yous ppl. when are yous gonna se the light; they will NEVER EVER listen to yous and put out a unit tha yous want.

they are a two headed dragon; one head fighting the other all the time.

i am fortunate for my age to be at retirement age; so SONY FORCED ME TO TAKE AN EARLY RETIREMENT; cause i had put years and years of music onto Standard MD's; figureing someday if they ever come out with a better format; i can easily swith to that with all me music; and hard work i put into it.

Sony are a bunch of "Clowns"; they ruined my last years as a DJ' i was doing great; but my Decks are starting to die and fall apart; (WITH NOTHING TO REPLACE THEM) . F*** Socy; i won't even buy a SOnd CD anymore; or their Ratt-like minor companies.

yous guys are all "dreamers" and are being "Duped" my Sony; but i hope for the best for yous; that at least Sony will miscalculate themselves and give yous at leat a little of what you want and deserve.

it gives me much PAIN to reat all your hopeful rants on the thread; Good-Luck.

we all know SOny will F*** it up in the long run!!!!

Edited by rayzray