Album art in DH10p

Rate this topic

sebastianbf

Hello everyone:

I've just received my new mzdh10p and i have a question. I have lots of himds recorded with my "old" mznh900. When i put them in the dh10p there's no cover art in any of the discs. I know how to transfer recording to the dh10p with album art included but the thing is that i want to add album art to my old himd recordings. Is there anyway to do this with SS or the only possibility is to take a picture and add it in the player? I don't want to re-record all my stuff again just to add album art , so help will be really apprecited.

thanks you all

One thing you can do is this (if you want you avoid using shots taken on the unit):

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=14113&hl=

A bit slow though. I thought Raja had another tip but I can't remember what it was?

I think it was something along the lines of creating blank groups in SS with cover art assigned then transferring the empty groups with art and then moving the tracks on the unit to the new groups, then deleting the original groups.

Ok Richyhu I've tried both methods. Both of them works fine but Raja's one is faster. One note I have to make is that it's not possible to create a blank folder in "my library" in SS, so I had to import a single file, put the artwork in that folder, then transfer the entire folder to the player and then just move the tracks to the new folder. Do you know how to create a blank folder in SS? Thanks for you help man

Ok Richyhu I've tried both methods. Both of them works fine but Raja's one is faster. One note I have to make is that it's not possible to create a blank folder in "my library" in SS, so I had to import a single file, put the artwork in that folder, then transfer the entire folder to the player and then just move the tracks to the new folder. Do you know how to create a blank folder in SS? Thanks for you help man

I meant to post an instructional thread on how to do this, but no one seemed interested so I didn't bother :D .

At any rate, the quickest way for me is to make dummy folders with SMALL, SHORT sound files in them for the quickest transfer... what do I use?

IMPORT-> SOUND -> C:\WINDOWS\MEDIA ding, tada, recycle, start, etc...

Those windows sounds are very short & quick (and will always be at your fingertips if you have a PC). So I make like 6-10 folders, each with just ONE sound in them (you have to name each folder or "artist" name differently so they don't all import to one single folder.

THEN, do all your album/artist naming in Sonic Stage still on the Hard Drive, and NOT on the MD itself (this will be quicker as the access time to your Sonic Stage changes are handled much faster than your USB data change rate on the MD itself.

Once all the album art is on the 'ding', 'tada', etc. folders and you've named the albums & artists, then TRANSFER them all to your MD.... Keep in mind if your MD disc only has like 2MB left or whatever, this may be a problem.... I've found out the hard way, where the transfer SEEMED to work, and the album art APPEARED to be on the MD via Sonic Stage, but once I took the disc out & put it into my DH10P, it was GONE. So there needs to be some breathing room on the MD (I'm just guessing at least 6MB).

Once the transfer is done, move all the music files from the OLD folders on the MD to the new folders w/ the artwork... then, delete all the old folders AND the temporary sound files ("tada", "chord," "ding," etc.)... remember to delete those LAST, or you'll lose your folders.

Good tip Raja about those windows sounds. I made a mp3 in Goldwave but you have find smaller files, nice tip man! BTW guys, what picture resolution should i use to get the better results using album artwork ?

Oh it really doesn't matter these icons are so small... and I've found that the 'full screen' album art mode always looks kinda crappy, so anything you use BIG or small will still be compressed to a tiny small square.

I get most of my album artwork by doing a quick Google Image search ;)