Heads Up - Sony MZ-NH1 back in UK at 100 GBpounds

Rate this topic

grf

Just browsed the Argos catalogue on the net. The NH1 is going to be re-stocked in stores in Essex at least at the end march/beginning of April for collection only.

It is still at the excellent price of 99.99 GB pounds.

The girls are nice at the Bishops Stortford store too.

Best regards

Graham

Actually MD is FAR from dead in the UK. You only hear about Ipods because these people tend to be the younger readers of all the "Teen and Celeb" mags and are often the most vocal.

There's quite a large user base of MD's in the UK --even that "Temple to MP3 heaven" (or should it be hell) HMV in London's Oxford street always has a HUGE amount of MD blanks -- selling the TDK 80 mins one's in packs of 5 for about GBP 4.50 and you get 3 Packs for the price of 2.

The NH1 IMO is actually a very good unit indeed especially if you can get the decent remote.

It's not volume crippled either --full 5mw output and it has a proper line out too.

For that price grab it. OK the display isn't as sexy looking as the RH10 but the unit really works. Battery time is fine as well so don't worry about that.

It doesn't have MP3 capability which is why I suppose the price is reduced but as a recorder who needs mp3.

Cheers

-K

I picked up the only one I could find in the Birmingham area yesterday. After a few months in the HD wilderness, I have made a [welcome] return to HiMD. I previously had a NH900 -- I must say that the NH1 is a significantly nicer [iMO] unit, in terms of size and aesthetics.

I know there is another post running at the moment, but the same tunes on my NH1 sound significantly better than on my HD5H, with absolutely no background noise.

Altogether a pleaseure to return to Hi-MD. Now I'll just look forward to the launch of the RH1 :rolleyes:

mal.

Just browsed the Argos catalogue on the net. The NH1 is going to be re-stocked in stores in Essex at least at the end march/beginning of April for collection only.

Best regards

Graham

Graham, can you advise on the best way to browse the Argos site. The only way I can find stock is to add the item to the basket and then check stock at stores one at a time, is there a way it can display where the items are stocked. Couldn't find the NH1 but noticed they had HD5's for £99 (couldn't find anywhere stocking them though)

Hi,

Yes the Argos site is very perculiar. The NH1 can be found in

> Sound and vision > Clearance Sound and vision > Clearance personal audio

A link to the page is

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Browse/catal...6;cip=36906.htm

There is not other way to see stock other than putting it in the basket and then selecting one store at a time to see if they have it. Bad design I know...

Be careful that you paste the full URL........

Best regards

Graham

Mal i manage to spend a few months every year in the wilderness with hard disk players,seems to be a constant cycle for me my last before an archos gmini xs202s was an mznh-900 like yourself now back with hi-md and an mz-rh-910 buying an mz-nh1 as a decent back up unit..... hopefully i wil stay with mini disc this time,i have been told by my partner that i cannot keep changing units so iam doing as iam told...

toddz

Best regards

Graham

The Argos website said the same for the Cheshire stores yesterday, but it now says "out of stock". :(

Mal i manage to spend a few months every year in the wilderness with hard disk players,seems to be a constant cycle for me my last before an archos gmini xs202s was an mznh-900 like yourself now back with hi-md and an mz-rh-910 buying an mz-nh1 as a decent back up unit..... hopefully i wil stay with mini disc this time,i have been told by my partner that i cannot keep changing units so iam doing as iam told...

toddz

[Off topic]

How is the sound quality of the Archos gmini xs202s? I've been looking a bit at the specs, and I like what I see. 20 GB, very small, nice menu structure and buttons, drag and drop.

I can't find many reviews of it, but I've read one that said the sound quality wasn't the best. How did you like it?

[/Off topic]

• 2 weeks later...

Well folks, the Argos web site appears to tell the truth.

NH1 is on "special offer" at £99.99 where it is available, for collection only.

Yesterday I checked on their web site to find an "NH1 brand-new for £99.99 near me" and it said they were available at either Whitehaven (Cumbria) or Consett (Co. Durham) and as I had a job to do in Northumberland today (I live in East Cumbria) I figured that only a "slight" detour via Consett would only add 20min to my journey out, so I did an "Internet Reservation" for today and IT WORKED :D

So I parked up in Consett and walked into their Argos store. Whilst there I checked on their "customer console" whether there were any available, it said not.

I went to the checkout and said I had an Internet Reservation #xxxxxxx, and the young lady on the till said "OK sir," swiped my credit card for £100-less-a-penny, and I went to collect my shiny brand-new NH1 for thirty pounds less than they are going for (at least) on EBay at the moment.

So, their web availability information appears to tell the truth, the Internet reservation system seems to work a treat, and a brand-new NH1 for £100 seems like a pretty damn fine deal to me, especially if the company are picking up the fuel bill" :lol: (May I rot in hell . . . )

Quite a good day, today for a change!