Blank Hi-MD Deals

Rate this topic

ewrann

Hope it's ok to start this thread up here.

My best find so far has been:

www.coconuts.com

Hi-MD blanks are $5.99/each

If you've never ordered from Coconuts before you can enter the coupon code FIRSTPURCHASE for 10% off. Then when you check out if you select the Standard shipping option there will be a 0.00 shipping charge.

I live in CT and was charged Sales Tax but per their info page:

"Coconuts.com must charge tax in all states except:

AK, DE, ID, NH, MT, OR, AE, AP, GU, PR, VI, AA"

I ordered 4 Blanks and was charged a total of $22.85 or $5.71 each.

Dunebug81 gave a link to this Tapewarehouse that has them for $4.67 before shipping and they offer discounts on volume purchases. I am very interested in the price and he says the service is dependable.

Tape Warehouse You have to drop down the catalog to Digital Audio and then pick the Minidisc from the product line, the Hi-MDs are about the 4th or 5th item down...

Great price!

Dunebug81 gave a link to this Tapewarehouse that has them for $4.67 before shipping and they offer discounts on volume purchases. I am very interested in the price and he says the service is dependable.

Tape Warehouse You have to drop down the catalog to Digital Audio and then pick the Minidisc from the product line, the Hi-MDs are about the 4th or 5th item down...

Great price!

Just ordered 6 Hi-MD blanks for the festival in Florida in 2 short weeks...that makes a total of 15 Hi-MD blanks ready to roll!!!

Shipping by Fed Ex was only $5.67 to South Carolina from Georgia.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Edited by mrsoul

In Australia, Minidisc Australia still has a solid deal going on Hi-MD 1GB packages - 5 for $24.75AUD or 20 for $90AUD:

http://www.minidisc.com.au/default.php?cPath=2_48

If the link doesn't work, simply use the left-hand menu and browse to Blank Media\Hi-MD Blanks. Unfortunately, last I heard they don't ship outside Australia/New Zealand.

peace

WaywardTraveller

Edited by WaywardTraveller

I could swear that Musician's Friend had them for US $3.99/each on their website.

EDIT: Yup, here it is: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rec...ries?sku=244753

I could only find them on musiciansfriend for $5.99, not $3.99.

Seems Tape Warehouse has the price to beat right now at $4.67, with shipping my total was $5.50

I see the price too (3.99)... but judging from the PHOTO, I don't want those ugly discs in the long-box cases... I like the newer see-thru ones in the slip-sleeves.

I guess I wouldn't care, personally - they both hold music, right? I'd save those $2 and buy more discs :P

See, I've always thought it's the other way around: iPods are all about looks, whereas MD is more about substance and features. Besides, how often do you see your discs? I don't look at them; I listen ;)

MD isn't about looks? Should I direct you to the 3,351 threads of people DROOLING over how hot the latest MD model LOOKS? Or maybe my MD label art thread... Anyway, I care how my MDs and players look.

Interesting - when I click on the link, they say "Sale - $3.99." Maybe I'm just lucky? :D

I am now seeing the same thing. I was clicking another link this morning. Too bad my order has already shipped but a very good price indeed! Love that the price is going down. I can move away from LP2 in the den and put more Hi-SP mixes on the shelf for my wife. Thanks again for the great find!

Blueraja- I actually prefer the old standard purple disc cause them seem sturdy and just safer to me. I hate the cheap and small labels the new ones have as well. But to each his own :ok:

Edited by mrsoul

I am now seeing the same thing. I was clicking another link this morning. Too bad my order has already shipped but a very good price indeed! Love that the price is going down. I can move away from LP2 in the den and put more Hi-SP mixes on the shelf for my wife. Thanks again for the great find!

For me it's not a bargain because I have to buy more sleeves to replace those annoying long hard-box ones... plus I find the discs ugly.

Blueraja- I actually prefer the old standard purple disc cause them seem sturdy and just safer to me. I hate the cheap and small labels the new ones have as well. But to each his own :ok:

I agree. Personally, I see myself using the different discs for different purposes. the long cases are great for backup/archiving of computer data and/or albums, as there's lots of space to write on and space for inserting more paper. And even though the crystal blue discs look nicer, I DO get annoyed at the teeny tiny labels the crystal blue discs have. <_< .

Not that I'm lookin' for a Hello Kitty Hi-MD, but I do wish there was a little more diversity...

peace

WaywardTraveller

Edited by WaywardTraveller

I agree. Personally, I see myself using the different discs for different purposes. the long cases are great for backup/archiving of computer data and/or albums, as there's lots of space to write on and space for inserting more paper. And even though the crystal blue discs look nicer, I DO get annoyed at the teeny tiny labels the crystal blue discs have. <_< .

Not that I'm lookin' for a Hello Kitty Hi-MD, but I do wish there was a little more diversity...

peace

WaywardTraveller

I don't get the fuss about the "tiny labels"... I just use my own:

IPB Image

I just got a notice from Tape Warehouse that my Hi-MD order is now on back order. Not good, I plan to get in touch with them tomorrow and cancel because I need these by the 12th. Just warning you ahead of time. Sound like good folks but I need the blanks sooner than later.

I just got some of these. Although the ones pictured on the page are the black 1st-generation ones, I got the (better) blue ones in the mail.

I just took advantage of this deal too, in preparation for finally making the jump to hi-md. I'm disappointed to hear that they're actually the new blue ones, though; I much prefer the look of the original style and thought this might be a clearance sale/last chance. But thanks anyway for giving me a heads up before they arrive.

And thanks to ZosoIV for bringing this to my attention, best price I've seen by far. I also took advantage of their great price on regular 80m Sony color blanks, $3/5 pack; even better deal!

I just got some of these. Although the ones pictured on the page are the black 1st-generation ones, I got the (better) blue ones in the mail.

Same pleasant surprised happened to me a few days ago.

Cheers to ZosIV!

It's weird, despite the great deal, I have no NEED for more 1GB HiMD discs... I still have like 12 I haven't used. In the meantime, I keep using the standards. I like how when I get a new CD I can find a better 'theme' to a MD quicker than trying to think what other 10 to 12 CDs would go with it well (I use 132kbps).

It's weird, despite the great deal, I have no NEED for more 1GB HiMD discs... I still have like 12 I haven't used. In the meantime, I keep using the standards. I like how when I get a new CD I can find a better 'theme' to a MD quicker than trying to think what other 10 to 12 CDs would go with it well (I use 132kbps).

Gosh, I know what you mean. These are the first 1GB-ers that I've bought and I was thinking of getting a few more because of the deal and service. The deal and shipping time was better than what this Aussie seller was offering, too. But, then I look at my shelf of standards and I snap back to reality.

How many kinds of 1GB discs are there? For some reason, I thought there were only 2, but now I've seen a total of 3 different kinds - white with blue circle (what Aussie was selling), blue with man on it (what I received), elongated case (what I thought I was going to receive). Unless the first 2 are the same see-through, blue disc with just different plastic covering.

I just got a notice from Tape Warehouse that my Hi-MD order is now on back order. Not good, I plan to get in touch with them tomorrow and cancel because I need these by the 12th. Just warning you ahead of time. Sound like good folks but I need the blanks sooner than later.

Although the Tape Warehouse was not able to fill my order in time for me to get my disc before my trip to Florida, the staff was very friendly and concerned. I received updates and was given a refund once we decided that they couldn't get the discs to me in time. Great customer service. I ended up going with Musician's Friend but I had to pay for 2 day shipping. Still less than $6 per disc with shipping included.

Although the Tape Warehouse was not able to fill my order in time for me to get my disc before my trip to Florida, the staff was very friendly and concerned. I received updates and was given a refund once we decided that they couldn't get the discs to me in time. Great customer service. I ended up going with Musician's Friend but I had to pay for 2 day shipping. Still less than $6 per disc with shipping included.

Got my 7 pack today from Musician Friends and I ordered at 2pm on Friday EST. Wow!

• 2 months later...

Has anybody encountered faulty 1GB discs from Musician's Friend?

I recently have had almost all of the discs from this vendor (the new blue ones) producing "ACCESS ERROR"'s while uploading - about 5-10 errors per disc!

Yet to be honest, my older 1GB disc (black) also started to give these errors though less often, like 1 error in every other upload.

I just ordered 6 discs from minidisc_au on Ebay. After shipping from Australia to Texas they were 5.79 ea. They haven't made it yet, just shipped friday. Any recent, better deals found lately? I'm sure that's not the best price, but I looked a while to find that! Still waiting on my RH1 too.

Has anybody encountered faulty 1GB discs from Musician's Friend?

I recently have had almost all of the discs from this vendor (the new blue ones) producing "ACCESS ERROR"'s while uploading - about 5-10 errors per disc!

Yet to be honest, my older 1GB disc (black) also started to give these errors though less often, like 1 error in every other upload.

Nope. All 12 of mine have been working fine (knock on wood).

Musician's Friend HAD the best deal at US$3.99 per 1GB blank. But, it seems that lately they are skimping on things. My 12 showed up in a well-padded, big box. People who ordered after me got their blanks delivered in a flimsy envelope. Their price is back up to standard ($5.99) so hopefully they've fixed their shipping methods.

With that mentality I'd own an iPod.

Not quite. The argument for buying the disks, rather than spending more on shorter boxes and transparency, is substance over perceived style. Ipod is supposedly style over substance, form over function. Looks ahead of capability. (Frankly, I like the look of the old discs better, as they are more distinct from most legacy disks. Only drawback: makes them look more like floppys and therefore obsolete.)