Cannot import CD on SS

Rate this topic

sebastianbf

Hello

I'm trying to import the Interpol Antics cd (original) into SS 3.4 but it doesn't recognize that the cd is inserted in my computer. I've tried to transfer the CD to my Himd using Simple Burner and everything goes ok. So it's a problem with SS. Any of you have had this same problem?

Thanks for the fast reply. I was thinking: What if I transfer the album in PCM via SimpleBurner to my HIMD and then download the PCM files to SS so I can encode the files to ATRAC 352 and then transfer again to the HIMD? Would it be a "clean" transfer process or encoding the songs too many times will affect the final quality of them ? (comparing to import a cd in wav in SS and then transfer it to himd at 352kbps)

why such a difficult traject sebastian? just rip your CD with EAC (exact audio copy) and import the wavs into SS and convert to whatever bitrate A3+ you like (ok, you will need to title the tracks manually, but for one CD that's nothing)

I have had this issue with a few copy-protected cd's that SS doesn't like, but Simple Burner just munches straight through them.

It depends on the bitrate you want to have these at on your unit (ie. if it is one supported by SB then just use this) otherwise if you want to convert to 352 for example (or another bitrate not supported by SB) Volta's suggestion is probably the better one.

Thanks for the fast reply. I was thinking: What if I transfer the album in PCM via SimpleBurner to my HIMD and then download the PCM files to SS so I can encode the files to ATRAC 352 and then transfer again to the HIMD? Would it be a "clean" transfer process or encoding the songs too many times will affect the final quality of them ? (comparing to import a cd in wav in SS and then transfer it to himd at 352kbps)

Quality shouden't be affected! Either way...

WAV's (PCM) are the origional CD file format! So you don't convert to get them!

Edited by danielbb90