Sony MZ-NH1 USB cable...

Rate this topic

sebhan

Hi guys,

I recently got a nh1 but it seems to be missing the usb cable (which sucks since the only reason I wanted a hi-md was because of the usb functionality, was using the old old sharp 821 before this). So the question is can I buy the cable somewhere separately? and also are all the sony hi-md recorder usb cables the same?

thanx in advance !

Sony HiMDs use different USB cables, the one for the NH1 is non-standard. It looks rather similar to the one used in the N10, but I haven't dared try them in the "wrong" machines as they are not absolutely identical, and the pins look like they won't take a lot of abuse ...

Most machines seem to use the "mini B" connection, which is easily obtainable, but alas not the NH1.

They may be available separately from Sony, presumably at a price, or maybe even on EBay (I got a spare one for my N10 that way), though I don't recall seeing one.

Best of luck!

Sony HiMDs use different USB cables, the one for the NH1 is non-standard. It looks rather similar to the one used in the N10, but I haven't dared try them in the "wrong" machines as they are not absolutely identical, and the pins look like they won't take a lot of abuse ...

Most machines seem to use the "mini B" connection, which is easily obtainable, but alas not the NH1.

They may be available separately from Sony, presumably at a price, or maybe even on EBay (I got a spare one for my N10 that way), though I don't recall seeing one.

Best of luck!

It's the same as the N10.

Cheers

-K

It's the same as the N10.

Cheers

-K

Thanks Kyle, I'll give it a try . . .

. . .

Much Later . . .

Yep, I can confirm that the N10 USB cable works fine with the NH1 :)

Thanks again. Jimbo !!

Edited by Mr_Bass_Man