Easy MD labelling

Rate this topic

I tend to burn 1 CD per 74 / 80 standard MD in Hi-SP mode @ 352 kbs.

Doing it this way you can "Screen grab" the CD cover of the CD you are burning to MD, shrink it to MD size and print. Then attach it to the MD case.

The CDDB database will for most CD's show the cover as a little picture at the bottom of your screen which you can re-size and capture with any decent screen grabber program.

I find this is the best way for handling CD==>MD transfers.

OK this is not much use for the 1GB discs but if you are using the standard discs and ripping CD's to MD's without generating playlists etc then this seems to be a nice way of storing your MD collection.

It's best if you have a photo colour printer and print the image on decent paper.

http://www.1kyle.com/mdisc.jpg

(If you use the 1GB discs then Ok this won't be of any use).

Cheers

-K

Edited by 1kyle

Another easy option is if you have a scanner just scan the CD cover, then use a Photo type application or an imaging application to re-size the image to MD size. Typical apps are as Photoshop (expensive) Adobe Photoshop elements, Microsoft Photo Editor(comes with Office XP)or The Gimp(Free) if using Linux.

Print on a photo / colour printer and you are done.

This is easy if you use 1CD per MD which I tend to use.

In addition you can store the images in a spreadsheet such as EXCEL or in a database such as MySQL (Free and works on both Linux and Windows - download from http://www.mysql.com ).

Cheers

-K

Here is the label artwork thread I started on the T-board that had many samples provided from lotsa' people.

In the meantime, for those too lazy to even hit a link, here's my latest creation:

IPB Image

I use labels "upside down" because I always open my players with the open mouth UP, and the hinge side in the palm of my hand... this way I can read/see the artwork clearly as it "pops" out or when I push it in. For example:

IPB Image

Just an example of a contributor at the thread link I posted above; this fella covered the ENTIRE md disc itself:

IPB Image

TBR ,I liked the last Discs covered with nice cute label..

That's not my disc, but I give the guy an A for Ambition. He had to use razor blades for the edges, etc... plus with time the edges will wear. Personally minidiscs are so cool looking in themselves they don't need to be covered like that in my opinion.

That's not my disc, but I give the guy an A for Ambition. He had to use razor blades for the edges, etc... plus with time the edges will wear. Personally minidiscs are so cool looking in themselves they don't need to be covered like that in my opinion.

Yeah ,I will agree that withOUT anything they still looks cool ..But covered one also looks cool ,no doubt :ok:

But i think the way you labeled your first disc(Arrow one ) is a beeter way of labeling the disc as wear & tear of lable is less in this case ..

Also which paper or what are you using ???

Edited by stuge

Also which paper or what are you using ???

I still have a supply of OFFICIAL Neato minidisc matte finish labels... they stopped selling them last year, and shipped the rest of their supply to minidisc access I believe. Sooner or later I'll be using some Avery labels or something, since I think using scissors or razors is rediculous.

I still have a supply of OFFICIAL Neato minidisc matte finish labels... they stopped selling them last year, and shipped the rest of their supply to minidisc access I believe. Sooner or later I'll be using some Avery labels or something, since I think using scissors or razors is rediculous.

I saw your link that you psoted here (Quite old March 2005 )

Yeah,I doesn`t look neat if we use scissors or razors .

Are you taking about this company Avery\

I will look here what is available here to make my own labels for MD`s