A few questions to my new lcd remote RM-MC51EL

Rate this topic

Hello!!

Yesterday my new remote control for my nice RH910 arrived!! :D

The remote works quite good om my RH910 but I have still a few questions:

-What function has the LIGHT button???? - In the button test mode in the service menu this button is not at all recognized!!

-How can I navigate in Groups (Group up, down)?? - The remote has no explicite buttons for this!!

In advance thank you for your answers!!! :P

[attachmentid=1560]

post-32728-1143926149_thumb.jpg

Edited by Master of Disaster

Not heard of the MC51EL, but the MC55ELK looks similar to your attached image.

Here are some good 55ELK close-ups:

Ishiyoshi's pictorial

From an old thread:

"RM-MC55ELK -- supplied with D-NE920, D-NE20. The RM-MC55ELK has backlight option and supports kanji/kana, hangul (korean) character compatibility, 16-18 roman character display and 9 multi-language character display. It has special animations when starting-up MD, and accessing/editing sound-modes. "scroll-type" level w/ corresponding button on the left side of remote allows quick access of functions such as sound, menu, play mode, et al. Right side has new 'search' button. Volume knob +/- is separate from reverted-style of the +/- group folder, |<</>>| twist knob; twist knob similar to 11EL rocker switch -- group folder: left, |<</>>|: right. Stop and play/pause button below 'search' button. New-style 360° alligator clip. HOLD switch to the left of the clip."

Hope this helps. If not, I'd PM Ishiyoshi as he has working knowledge of this remote in addition to akijikan. Good luck!

Edited by jaylen

If you play around enough with your 51EL and learn more about its functions, you should ask to include this model in the forum's remote guide.

For me it will not be necessary, because I've asked the guy from whom I got the MC51EL if he also has one MC55ELK so we could change the remotes: I get the 55ELK and he gets the 51EL back.

Information of the 51EL for the guide to Sony lcd remotes:

The 51EL is identical with the 55ELK besides:

-The 51EL has only track up and down functionality on the twist knob at the right side of the remote and

-The SEARCH-Button on the 55ELK is a LIGHT button on the 51EL which seems not to work on my RH910 -

the button test mode in service menu the LIGHT button isn't recognized at all

Perhaps the button has only a function on Sony CD players?? Or perhaps the LIGHT button only on my 51EL is broken