MZ-RH10 not ejecting MDs

Rate this topic

odiez1

Recently I was trying to eject an MD, and it got kinda stuck.

I got the disc out with out breaking anything, but now the discs don't eject. The spring mechanism isn't ejecting the disc. So with a little shake they just fall out, and it still reads, records, and functions fully.

I can get the mechanism to move by sticking a little tool inside without a disc in, and it releases and would eject the disc, but it doesn't work when the lid is opened...

If there is anyway I could fix this one, a little help would be nice. I got all sorts of small screwdrivers..

Any thoughts, or this one for Sony to repair?

Thanks for anything.

Aaron

Edited by odiez1

Recently I was trying to eject an MD, and it got kinda stuck.

I got the disc out with out breaking anything, but now the discs don't eject. The spring mechanism isn't ejecting the disc. So with a little shake they just fall out, and it still reads, records, and functions fully.

I can get the mechanism to move by sticking a little tool inside without a disc in, and it releases and would eject the disc, but it doesn't work when the lid is opened...

If there is anyway I could fix this one, a little help would be nice. I got all sorts of small screwdrivers..

Any thoughts, or this one for Sony to repair?

Thanks for anything.

Aaron

Mine is having this problem too. If you just slightly squeeze on the top and bottom of the RH10 where the minidisc comes out while you are holding the eject button, it will pop right out. My nephew's does the same thing.

I have been doing this for a month or so with mine, so I have kinda gotten used to it.

Hope this helps,

Sy

I experience this sometimes as well. What I do is hold the eject slider down so if you were to close the RH10 it will never lock and pring right up again... then just close/open/close/open the unit quickly until the MD pops out. This always works for me.

If you have to do the close/open cycle any more than ten times in a row then I would imagine it won't work. I only say this because I don't want you breaking your RH10 from repetitive stress :)

Design flaw? I experience this problem occasionally too, and have gotten used to it. It's annoying, but nothing too critical from what I've seen. Everything else on the deck operates correctly, except for that problem with the search button that other people have mentioned.

That's strange... for as much as my RH10 has been through, mine doesn't do this.

Maybe try spilling some orange soda on it, or catching your leg on the USB cable, launching it across the room a few times ( kidding of course ;) )

but if it works !!!! :rolleyes: