What's your OLDEST elec device; working or not

Rate this topic

rayzray

was wondering WHY ppl keep their old stuff (audio or video) ; even if it don't work toooo well.

aside from cassette recorders; which you can enter; like what possesses (sp) us to hang on to these things.

i guess for me (rayzray) other than my cassette stuff; so far it's my ARP Pro-soloist synth & My David Clark headset.

very sentimental things to me!!!!

Edited by rayzray

We still have very old electronic item whihc still work like our Grinder (Braun) bought in 1987 .that model is still sold by that company ..haha .

We have a Sony TV(1985 model ) which doesn`t work now ..was dead on 2002...But it still can be repaired VCR

..National VCR whihc doesn`t work now ..

An White Westinghouse Ac which still works nice ..An it is still beign used in one of our rooms (but not much )

I also have a Sony headphone bought by my dad in 1983(It still works )

White WestingHouse Fridge which still works

We have many device`s which still work but i don`t remember all at this time .

My Pioneer SE-405's I don't know how old these are since I got them on eBay but my dad had the exact model in the early 80's.

IPB Image

I also have a Sony reel-to-reel at my parents house that is from the late 70's.

For audio/video, the oldest that I can think of is my dad's stereo unit (with turntable, cassette tape, and 8-track) and the Super Betamax. Both still work, but the Betamax is in a guest room and the stereo is in a box - basically, unused.

Ivan, those headphones are cool! They're like an oldschool Eggo.

OMG! I have the SE-305!! Just the same without the volume control per channel! :P The oldest electronic device (which I still use) must be this turntable which sounds pretty good. The output of this machine goes to this receiver/amplifier which acts only as a pre-amplifier to send it's signal to a much modern Pioneer digital A/V Multi-Channel receiver. :)

Let's see what I have...

A Blaupunkt Derby portable Radio from 1958, a Sailor 46T, a low band shortwave receiver from 1966, a Neckermann fridge from 1975, a Sommerkamp FRG-7 shortwave receiver from 1976, heavily modified and a Technics Tapedeck from the same year.

And everything works like new.

Sorry ! Graphic card took all my attention .. :wacko::wacko::huh:

Ivan,How is the sound from these phones ??

You really need an amp for these to sound good. I personally like the sound. They are definitely very "warm" sounding phones. By that I mean the highs are clear but do not sound super crisp. That's as best as I could describe it. :lol:

You really need an amp for these to sound good. I personally like the sound. They are definitely very "warm" sounding phones. By that I mean the highs are clear but do not sound super crisp. That's as best as I could describe it. :lol:

Nice 'phones. For some reason, your SE-405 remind me of the "Blade Runner." ;)

:vava:Interesting piece here,. RCA Capacitance Electronic Disc player SKT400 I've had for several years (intro'd 1983)

IPB Image

Edited by Jacques

Hm, I tend to get rid of my electronic devices once they get a little 'too' old. I'm not a big fan of keeping old junk around.

Assuming we're talking about "electronic devies" that we use for entertainment and not other things like Microwaves or Refrigerators, I'd have to say the oldest device I have in my house that I still use is my Sega Dreamcast.

I have a 1946-vintage Zenith AM-FM table radio, the kind with the round, knurled dials and TWO FM bands on it - the original "Armstrong" FM band of 42-50 Mhz as well as the familiar 88-108 Mhz band. It needed some new tubes and it still needs some other work, but it does work.

... I'd have to say the oldest device I have in my house that I still use is my Sega Dreamcast.

Wise decision,.. :this:

I've done countless hours of Link Play F355 Challenge (2x JP DCs, 2x TVs + Serial Cable). Easily the best driving simulation available!

IPB Image