MZRH1 coming to Australia!

Rate this topic

Zathura

Hey guys, just got confirmation that the MZRH1 will be released in Australia in the next few months. I have no other details than that, but I just wanted to let you guys know :-) More when i hear it.

I was always thought this 'dropping-MD-in-Australia' thing was quite premature and they'd re-introduce. Nice news if the price is right. I wonder if it will be a small shipment to satisfy the crazies or largish and dedicated to Hi-MD for the long haul? Interesting.

I think Sony are waiting for the (absolute bargain) MZ-NH600 and MZ-NH700 models to sell out here first :P

I think Sony are waiting for the (absolute bargain) MZ-NH600 and MZ-NH700 models to sell out here first :P

I agree with you on that hypotheis

In News Broox Apr 5 2006 noted "apparently the people at the Sony store (Video World) got the good news from the sony rep tues! apparently avail june its a 699 rrp - but they r always cheeper . ne 1 with minidisc in adelaide will know the store"

Hope Sony Australia can meet a June release date or even better that Minidisc Australia gets hold of some World Tourist Units to sell before then. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update if anyone in Australia was wondering...

NEW PRICING ON RH1.

no longer a $699 Retail

NOW $599 = full retail, haggling etc.. from there.

PM me if u dont have a good Aussie HI-MD Dealer and want some details.

Absolutely sensational!

You know, I've been out of the MD loop for about six months - so this news of the RH1 is music to my ears! I have a LOT of bootleg material I want to transfer from old MD SP discs and the RH1 allows me to do this over USB! Well done to Sony, as they've made a sale out of me if they release the unit over here officially.

I'm also an iPod user and will remain an iPod user as an alternative to carrying 20-30 discs with me. But the sound quality on the R900, N1 and N10s has been unrivaled by the iPod units.

I'm eagerly awaiting their release.

• 3 weeks later...

Any update of the exact date this unit will be released?

This Sunday i will be heading to japan for a week and next month (27 June) i will be moving there for 14 months.

I am wondering if i should buy my MZRH1 in Japan or wait until the Australian release in June (obviously there will be a slight price decrease over time).

Does anyone know of any differences between the releases apart from the Japanese MZRH1 will support Kanji and the SS will be in Japanese (I know i will probably be able to download the MZRH1 SS/driver from the forum download section in the near future).

Does the Japanese model have the option of english menus (Currently studying Japanese but my Kanji is not too good at the moment)?

What do people think? Wait or Splurge?

buy it in japan, you'll be able to find instructions on laguage change on here & the price should be significantly lower than in melbourne or sydney let alone the rest of australia.

& we'll have either a full version or a link to an english sonicstage as long as this website is online, so there shouldn't be any compatibility issues.

Any update of the exact date this unit will be released?

This Sunday i will be heading to japan for a week and next month (27 June) i will be moving there for 14 months.

I am wondering if i should buy my MZRH1 in Japan or wait until the Australian release in June (obviously there will be a slight price decrease over time).

Does anyone know of any differences between the releases apart from the Japanese MZRH1 will support Kanji and the SS will be in Japanese (I know i will probably be able to download the MZRH1 SS/driver from the forum download section in the near future).

Does the Japanese model have the option of english menus (Currently studying Japanese but my Kanji is not too good at the moment)?

What do people think? Wait or Splurge?

If you are going to be in Japan have a look at the Sony Overseas Models..the RH1 doesn't seem to be listed yet but maybe when you get there.

http://www.sony.jp/products/overseas/conte...ish/index2.html

• 3 weeks later...

& the price should be significantly lower than in melbourne or sydney let alone the rest of australia.

just quickly the sydney market for electronics is not as competetive as in adelaide, i recon the main contributor to this is that it is very easy to drive to the other side of town for a bargain.

Adelaide can be much cheaper.

thats my 2c worth

broox

RH1 in australia 6 july. (maybe earlier!)

wanna buy it from a propper shop? PM me and i'll point u in the rite direction.

garunteed under $550 au.

i recon the first shipment is going pretty fast.

Happy Hunting!

Broox

The silly thing about this whole "Aussie drops MD" thing is that aussie is a great place to own a MD, when ever I go there I buy Hi-MD discs...you can walk in off the street into a JB hiFi store and buy them for $4.25 they are $14 here... just about the cheapest place you can get Hi-MD media anywhere!!

Just to confirm with what has already been said is that the RH1 will be available early July.

Silver is the only available colour and the RRP is $599.

We will offer pre-orders soon and we will be offering a very attractive price :)

The silly thing about this whole "Aussie drops MD" thing is that aussie is a great place to own a MD, when ever I go there I buy Hi-MD discs...you can walk in off the street into a JB hiFi store and buy them for $4.25 they are $14 here... just about the cheapest place you can get Hi-MD media anywhere!!

Haven't seen any MD media in Sydney City JB HiFi for months. Although they still have the labels on the shelves and have boxes of mini-CDs in that area.

Thanks for the update Sefu, good to hear that the RH1 is finally coming here if only in Silver. :( Will this RH1 be a world tourist model?

It will the very interesting to see which stores will actually stock it and at what price.

The recent A3000 smoozle here may have made retailers here wary of advertising Sony musicplayers.

so the only new generation md getting released in Oz for 2006 will be the RH1 model?

What about word on the M200? I really need Mac-Compatability, and it seems we're dying here in Oz.

The RH1 is Mac compatible. The only difference with the M200 is that the latter comes bundled with a mic or something else..

Great news!

Black is the now official release colour in Australia, silver will not be available here in Australia.

I'm not sure why I was told silver earlier, oh well!!

Sefu,

That is good news, thanks for the update. :D

Is that why you've removed the picture of the silver RH1 from your site.

w00t.

The black model looks appreciably better than silver :) Will be a touch more discrete for live recordings, too.

I really will miss the charging cradle.

Interesting to see that us Aussies get it pretty early (hopefully).

Shame there's no Hi-MD deck yet. I still get a bit of use out of my JB980.

Sefu's Minidisc Australia has the RH1 available for pre-order

http://www.minidisc.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=862

Here are some quotes from his site:

"Your Price: $499.00AUD

RRP: $599.00AUD

You Save: $100.00AUD (16.69%)

There are limited numbers available. Pre-Order now to avoid disappointment.

Cash On Delivery (COD) orders will be accepted, however they will be given a lower priority.

Our shipment dates as follows

First Batch: 15/07/06

Second Batch: 22/07/06

Third Batch or forthcoming: No ETA

Availability and information are subject to change without notice"

I hope Sony can meet these dates :mellow:

If you are going to be in Japan have a look at the Sony Overseas Models..the RH1 doesn't seem to be listed yet but maybe when you get there.

http://www.sony.jp/products/overseas/conte...ish/index2.html

Hi,

Just to let you guys know, the RH1 has just arrived in Wellington New Zealand and is selling for $549 NZD. So maybe the unit will be arriving in Australia very soon, if it hasn't already

Steve

Same here. I've got a 3-line remote ready and waiting as well just in case.

I think it will be time to sell up my NH3D to afford my new pre-order purchase ;)

Come on Ozzie! People around the world have already got their hands on one except us poor Aussie folk. July 15 is too far away for the first batch to arrive! :D

*sigh* Well I am now officially in the queue, and I hate the waiting game.

Hmm I had a chat to a guy from Sony Central in Chatswood (Sydney) and he said they were getting them on the 7th July, perhaps Sony stores get them before other retailers? In anycase Im calling Sony tomorrow about it....

*sigh* Well I am now officially in the queue, and I hate the waiting game.

Hmm I had a chat to a guy from Sony Central in Chatswood (Sydney) and he said they were getting them on the 7th July, perhaps Sony stores get them before other retailers? In anycase Im calling Sony tomorrow about it....

We ordered these in as soon as Sony had them listed in the ordering system in early June, we were basically snipering them :P

Even the Sony Style website says stock it is due to ship to its customers on the 18th of July.

So im not too sure whats going on here

We ordered these in as soon as Sony had them listed in the ordering system in early June, we were basically snipering them :P

Even the Sony Style website says stock it is due to ship to its customers on the 18th of July.

So im not too sure whats going on here

I gave a call to Sony HQ's sales department, and they gave me a release date of 20th July. Go figure.