The Origin of SonicStage?

Rate this topic

danielbb90

Is this what it started out like?

http://www.vaio.net/sonyvaio574.html

Wow... They have come a long way from that software... But really compared to that, what are we complaining about?

That looks like SS 1.x yes. Indeed much progress has been made since then and we now in 3.4 we have a lot more stable and feature packed application.

I think OpenMG v1.x which pre-dated even SS was even worse, lol. Yes the program was actually called OpenMG, it wasn't just the "technology" behind the program as it is in SonicStage...

Yeah comparing SS 3.4 to OpenMG or even SS 1.x it's been a huge improvement for sure!

Connect player was definitely not an improvement though. Seems like the next version we get will be called SonicStage CP (Connect Player)... Dunno if they are going to call that v4.0 (continuing with SS numbering); v2.0 (continuing with Connect numbering); or just 1.0 making it a "new" program.

The only thing I would like to see though, is a SimpleBurner v3.0 or something, because I could really use a program that didn't require you to add things to the library first, and then to the player...

Is this what it started out like?

http://www.vaio.net/sonyvaio574.html

Wow... They have come a long way from that software... But really compaired to that, what are we complaining about?

Yeah they came a long way then they diched it & then they again came back to SonicStage & now they will be releasing new software called SonicStage CP (for A-series )

Not sure will this be compatible with our MiniDisc players

Before i reformated my PC i copied my MD music file directory to DVD-R but after reading some posts and other info i tried to see if the music files would work but no! Ahhhhh! Pointless and cant even get a new licence!

Also i installed sonic stage so i could put some more songs on to my Sony MZ N 707 and the stupid gracenote/CDDB just wont update and name the recorded music such a pain i am reinstalling it! After a while of trying to get it to manually to update (clicking yes to register and nothing happening) it would crash and windows crash log! Damn u sony! Soon uni comes, this october i am going to get an Iriver HDD player! Damn stupid sony with their crap format and iPod! Good old fashioned copy and paste files form HDD in MP3 format to HDD player!

I think OpenMG v1.x which pre-dated even SS was even worse, lol. Yes the program was actually called OpenMG, it wasn't just the "technology" behind the program as it is in SonicStage...

I have heard of that, but I can't find any screenshots or anything like that...

Does anyone know where I can find some... :huh:

I had the pleasure of using OpenMG jukebox when I got my NW-E3. Actually, I didn't have any problems at all, except that it only supports Atrac3, and the quirky check-in/out business. My MP3s were transcoded just fine. :) At that time, Sony specifically said they only support pre-installed win98 system, nothing else, not even self-installed ones. :D It pays to have a healthy windows system in the first place.

In fact, I never have any major problems with Sonicstage (1.x, 2.x, 3.x). The only "problem" I have is kanji display and compatiblity, to the point I went through the registry to find the freakin region code for Network walkmans and HiMD.

Edited by pata2001

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for asking this daniel...but why would you wanna try it? everyone knows it is crap and full of bugs; it also offered not one 'feature' not present in SS3.4... if you are having trouble with the latest SS it probably means your windows/mp3 codec/... is buggy as SS3.4 really is quite stable and has a LOT more features than all the rest!

even when reverting to an earlier SS (ven though I really think it is useless) I would never go back beyond 2.3 and preferably not before 3.3...

still, better find what's wrong with the rest as 3.4 offers too many good things to ignore it IMHO

gee;; i just found my OpenMG Juckebox CD with the Book (un-opened); is it worth anything; i never throw anything away; it probably came with my Sony505; never installed it; so, it's a piece of crap?

The CD and box as an item would be worth more than the software on it now! lol :lol:

I guess its a good collectors item...

:ok: