Hi-MD Album Art?

Rate this topic

danielbb90

If you don't plan to ever get a unit like the DH10P or other ATRAC device which can utilise the pictures I would advise against using them in SS.

It isn't a big deal, they are only a few K I guess but they do take up extra space when you transfer them to the device. For example if I put an album art on an album in SS and transfer to my HD3 it will transfer the album art as well. Only the HD3 will never show the album art since it isn't capable but it does transfer anyway 'cause SS is silly like that. So it's still wasting some HDD space so I avoid using it.

What did yuo do to make SS put the album art on folders automatically? I have to put it manually before transfering the music to the dh10p. :(

I don't think it is completely automatic - sometimes when cddb gets the album info it also retrieves the album art which in SS 3.4 it displays in a pop-up. You can then drag this into the title bar on to the square in the Import A CD window and it will be assigned to the album in My Library.

In my experience (at least for the albums in my collection) this happens about 1 time in 10.

I don't think it is completely automatic - sometimes when cddb gets the album info it also retrieves the album art which in SS 3.4 it displays in a pop-up. You can then drag this into the title bar on to the square in the Import A CD window and it will be assigned to the album in My Library.

In my experience (at least for the albums in my collection) this happens about 1 time in 10.

Thats what I did, But If there wasn't a image I dragged and dropped a normal jpg image of the album (after I donloaded it) onto the album title... It works that way too!

Tracy Byrd Greatest hits gave me the wrong cover so I downloaded the jpg and dragged and dropped it from My Docs Folder! It works the same!

Thats what I did, But If there wasn't a image I dragged and dropped a normal jpg image of the album (after I donloaded it) onto the album title... It works that way too!

Tracy Byrd Greatest hits gave me the wrong cover so I downloaded the jpg and dragged and dropped it from My Docs Folder! It works the same!

Yes of course, the manual option is also the other method to get them in. This is what I usually use too.