SonicStage & Mp3's - Problem Progressed

Rate this topic

danielbb90

I have been trying to get some mp3's to my MZ-NH1 through sonicstage and the only MP3 codec I can find that allows it the the Mpeg Suite 2000 (DB poweramp).

Lame encoder causes it to crash?

Does anyone know what is its problem or is it just the encoder? :(

Edit1:

Now, when it converts to Hi-MD it won't play the tracks or they play nothng...

Edit2:

Now it says 'accsess error' when I plug the disc into my computer... :cray:

I'm on the verge of ditching the Minidisc Format altogether

Ok, enought with the edits lol, can someone help please?

Edit3:

I'm trying SonicStage 2.0 (Cos' that the only other version of it I have) So I'll report back if it works... :)

Edited by danielbb90

I have been trying to get some mp3's to my MZ-NH1 through sonicstage and the only MP3 codec I can find that allows it the the Mpeg Suite 2000 (DB poweramp).

Lame encoder causes it to crash?

Does anyone know what is its problem or is it just the encoder? :(

Edit1:

Now, when it converts to Hi-MD it won't play the tracks or they play nothng...

Edit2:

Now it says 'accsess error' when I plug the disc into my computer... :cray:

I'm on the verge of ditching the Minidisc Format altogether

Ok, enought with the edits lol, can someone help please?

Edit3:

I'm trying SonicStage 2.0 (Cos' that the only other version of it I have) So I'll report back if it works... :)

Please start using SonicStage 3.4 so that you don't have to worry about bugs that may be in older versions. Furthermore: if Lame crashes there is a bigger problem with your PC or Windows installation that only a faulty transfer via SonicStage. If more than one program have problems there is almost surely some other reason why those programs do not work. So the best thing to do: reinstall your PC altogether.

Please start using SonicStage 3.4 so that you don't have to worry about bugs that may be in older versions. Furthermore: if Lame crashes there is a bigger problem with your PC or Windows installation that only a faulty transfer via SonicStage. If more than one program have problems there is almost surely some other reason why those programs do not work. So the best thing to do: reinstall your PC altogether.

Well I'm staying with 2.0 until another version comes out...

(It transfered it without a problem)

Its not like me to use downgraded versions but I've now lost a Hi-MD disc to 3.4...

It works fine with 2.0 (My MZ-NH1)

:ok:

I would like to use 3.4 but It dousn't like me at all... (I think 2.0 is LESS buggy)

But anyway it works for me...

Re-installing Windows dousn't seem that fun at this moment! lol :wacko:

Edit:

Do you know where I can get 2.3?

Edited by danielbb90

Quick question... Was SonicStage 2.0 installed before you installed v3.4?

If so, did you do a complete uninstall (registry entries, file folders, etc. not just add/remove) of SonicStage 2.0 before upgrading?

I can totally understand wanting to stick with a version that works, however there are plenty of new features and upgraded features (no DRM restrictions!) in version 3.4 that would well be worth trying to get 3.4 to work on your system, especially if you upload recordings.

That said, a complete uninstall/reinstall of v3.4 may well fix the problem, just be sure no antivirus, spyware, etc. type programs are running during install. You could always go back to 2.0 if this doesn't work.

The problem could also be with the particular mp3 files themselves (you could use dbpoweramp to convert to wav first then import) or possibly with the HiMD disc itself. Have you tried different mp3 files and different discs?

What OS are you using anyway?

EDIT: I don't know of anywhere 2.3 would be available unless perhaps someone has a CD of it to send you. :)

Edited by raintheory

Quick question... Was SonicStage 2.0 installed before you installed v3.4?

If so, did you do a complete uninstall (registry entries, file folders, etc. not just add/remove) of SonicStage 2.0 before upgrading?

I can totally understand wanting to stick with a version that works, however there are plenty of new features and upgraded features (no DRM restrictions!) in version 3.4.

That said, a complete uninstall/reinstall of v3.4 may well fix the problem, just be sure no antivirus, spyware, etc. type programs are running during install. You could always go back to 2.0 if this doesn't work.

The problem could also be with the particular mp3 files themselves (you could use dbpoweramp to convert to wav first then import) or possibly with the HiMD disc itself. Have you tried different mp3 files and different discs?

What OS are you using anyway?

EDIT: I don't know of anywhere 2.3 would be available unless perhaps someone has a CD of it to send you. :)

I hadn't had a version of sonicstage (besides 3.4) since this computer was last formatted...

Thanks 4 you're help... But next update of sonicStage or If I need to re format my computer I'll install 3.4!

Lol I have only had the problems since I changed to 3.4...

Thanks, But I'll be ok with 2.0 for now!

I hadn't had a version of sonicstage (besides 3.4) since this computer was last formatted...

Thanks 4 you're help... But next update of sonicStage or If I need to re format my computer I'll install 3.4!

Lol I have only had the problems since I changed to 3.4...

Thanks, But I'll be ok with 2.0 for now!

Okie dokie,

I just checked to see what discs I had myself and I have SonicStage 3.0 on CD-ROM as well as OpenMG Jukebox v2.2, but I don't think that one would like HiMD too much, lol.

-a