Confirmed Third Generation Hi-MD Release Date For USA

Christopher

There is someone selling a MZ-RH1 on Ebay from Brooklyn, NY. Are they in yet? His/her price is $319 (with $19 Shipping), unlike the guy from Japan selling it for $500+(??). Funny thing is, it looks like a business but he only has 1 available (he's sold 3 already). Unfortunately, I do not buy anything electronic on Ebay from NYC (no offense to my fellow NYC MD users). I've heard and read too many horror stories. Company & FB looks legit, I just do not do business there when it comes to electronics and Ebay.

Edited by CrashRhino

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they might be in! I'm crossing my fingers. However, if it is the Japan version, he's selling it at cost (and actually might be losing money on the deal due to it being an import). I'll send them an email to get more info.

Edited by CrashRhino

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! OH NO!!!

I just emailed ugotadeal (the ebayer).

See below:

Hi

Actually the black color is not an American model, it is a model from over

seas, we only carry the silver color, American model,

Thank you,

Mark

www.ugotadeal.com

718-331-1818

-----Original Message-----

Subject: MZ-RH1

Do you have one in Black?

Is this a Japanese model?

Thanks

GOOD NEWS!! Just called their office in Brooklyn and spoke to a women who's their sales rep. She has informed me EVERYONE is calling asking about the MZ-RH1 and they are coming in TOMORROW ("a bunch") or MONDAY MORNING (they were told this by SONY)! She also says the US Version (or at least the versions they are getting) are SILVER. Call her (I spoke to her twice) and she'll explain it to you. Good job on the email Reef (we make a good team)!

Edited by CrashRhino

Yeah, that's been up there for a couple months now. I think the info from 'ugotadeal' is more current, I just don't know if it's complete. Maybe he is getting shipments of silver first, but black will soon available.

If it's not, I may hold out and see what it'd take to get a black one. It just looks so much more sleek in the pics, and makes the display look more impressive.

nice. their site says 'order' not 'preorder' or anything. Do they have them yet?

ooops. just reread. says end of June. This is a possibility at $306US. Although customs would slow delivery substantially.

Edited by reefbeef

I will be fairly disappointed if the U.S. indeed gets silver as this NY seller is reporting. Only reason I haven't pre-ordered from sound professionals is because I want a black one and don't want to order not knowing what color I'll be getting (call me picky).

Hmmm if Canada gets black and U.S. silver... I may have to have a canadian buddy help me out ;)

(who knows... maybe they'll release the Rh1 in silver and the M200 version as black...)

Edited by Rumz

I still expected better command of the English language from someone in her position.

Most of America has a problem with the English language and top of that list is SPELLING. Have you read some review articles lately or even news papers?

///// ;) Where on earth do they find these people? Cheers \\\\\

Look at your neighbors, look at the schools, look at all of America, answer your question?

O

I will be fairly disappointed if the U.S. indeed gets silver as this NY seller is reporting. Only reason I haven't pre-ordered from sound professionals is because I want a black one and don't want to order not knowing what color I'll be getting (call me picky).

TRUE, the first release of US version is Silver. At least this was true until someone stated that Sound Professionals told them the BLACK unit was expected to be released a month after the silver unit.

If you look at MiniDisco, they have the BLACK unit (without mic) up for orders now. The ad states BLACK UNIT.

Go Figure

O

nice. Although customs would slow delivery substantially.

I don't think I would be too concerned with customs. We ship from Chicago to Canada on almost a daily basis, and depending on how much you are willing to pay for shipping, can get it in a couple days. Shipping STANDARD takes us 4 days but Shipping World Wide Expresss is 2 days. ( these are UPS shipping ).

Even at the Standard rate of 4 days, that isn't bad, except for the fact that we want THIS product YESTERDAY!!!

O

• 2 weeks later...

I just received my MZRH1 that I pre-ordered from Sound Professionals in May. It's black. They actually shipped last Monday, arrived Friday but I was out of town so UPS delivered it today.

The first thing I did after opening all of the packaging was to plug in the USB cable hook it up to my laptop. The OLED display came on, and Windows recognized it as a NetMD device. Then I inserted an old MD (recorded in 1999, SP) and started up SonicStage 4 and transferred a track from the MD to the laptop. Yay...

I have a "dumb" USB power supply here but it looks like the RH1 won't charge from it. It charges OK from the laptop, and there's also a Sony power brick (with a USB plug output) which I haven't tested yet, but if a dumb power supply doesn't work, that makes me wonder why they would bother to put smarts into their power brick. Oh well.