Amazon selling MZ-DH10P at amazing price!

Christopher

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note that that price is from an Amazon market seller (like ebay), not from Amazon themselves. The price if you buy directly form amazon is $229, still a pretty good deal, considering the original MSRP of this thing is $500. Damn, and I thought I was getting a good deal when I bought my DH10P. :lol:

Reviewer: Shawn Johnson "XanuPhel" (Del Rio, Tx USA) - (REAL NAME)

Honestly the product is great at playing music and connectively with the computer but the original reason I bought it was so that when I tagged my music with cover art I would see it on the screen...uh no, that's not what this does.

You can only attach the cover art that you take with this camera...no downloading the images into the player.

:wacko: Is this 'reviewer' insane?

I remember reading this misleading information when I originally purchased my DH10P. :bad:

hi.. i'm ordering from singapore and had to set up a virtual amercian address through a service provider here to receive products from online shops that ship only in the US.

Wonder how long that will take me.

Also wondering about the reliablity of Eek Technology. Any comments?

If all goes well I think i'll be the only one in Singapore walking around with this player(this player is not available in stores here, neither will be the 3rd gen hi-md :()

Edited by Unignal

Looks like this will be sold out pretty soon; Amazon has the MZ-DH10P for only $184.99USD (a 69% price cut).+++

* - Thanks to Tiesto for the tip.

No problem :D

Saved $10 getting on that one early I did. Thanks for the tip peoples.

I guess the seller realized that the increment of orders (many from here I hope) so the price was rose. Although US$10 are two HiMD discs... sorry I couldnt help it :lol:.

Also wondering about the reliablity of Eek Technology. Any comments?

Actually, when I saw the price I wrote to the seller immediately: "is the DH10P brand new and sealed package?", I got a reply next morning "Yes, it is brand new Sony MZDH10P" (it could be rfb because the price). Anyway, I ordered it, I got a reply from Amazon and from Eektechology about the charge to my credit card (the US$185 werent a mistake). Then I got another reply with the USPS tracking number. So I can just tell you so far so good.

Unignal if you are worry about the reliablity of Eektechnology, I may be your 'guinea pig' and wait for my comments, let's hope it isnt too late ;)

Edited by Tiesto

hi, thanks alot.

Already asked the very kind technican in my school to help me order, and he has forwarded the tracking number to me.

This is the first time i've done (or gotten someone to help me) online shopping, and here are some worries currently running through my mind.

1) What if the shipped product is damaged?

2) Is the adapter provided usable in my country? (I checked this and discover they are shipping with the AC-ES3010K adapter, which is the same as the one I have gotten for my NH900, so it should be ok)

3) Lost in the mail??

Anyway, I'll have to learn some patience, as Eek Tech will ship it to my virtual amercian address by next week, then I'll have to wait for the local service provider to ship it over to me. Certainly will take 2~3 weeks I think. A long wait.

just a thought, did they tell you it is in seal packaged?

I prefer myself to be the first one who open up the box containing things i purchased. :P

if all these are true, we the MD fans are going to be grinning from ear to ear all day long..

too bad i'm missing in alot of actions because the penetration of md players in singapore is almost nil.

for second generation, we only got the OLED model and its monochrome LCD counter-part.

I've emailed Sony Singapore and was told the third generation won't be coming to Singapore. sigh.

So you actually ordered it :D that makes four of us then. BTW, This is the answer I got from them:

Hi!

Yes! It is absolutely Brand New! and is still sealed

Moshe H.

eek Technology

About your worries:

1)I think if that was the case you should relay on the product warranty.

2)The DH10P has a lithium ion battery so the NH900 charger doesnt work with it.

3)The mailing companies have some kind of insurance of goods in transport.

I've emailed Sony Singapore and was told the third generation won't be coming to Singapore

Sad to hear that, at least it isnt that bad as it is over here. The last minidisc brought by Sony officially was the NH700 <_<

Edited by Tiesto

Hi, i was not refering to the charger, but rather, the adapter that came with the product.

I was wondering if it will be shipped with a 110/120V one, or whether it can be used in Singapore where the wall sockets are 240v.

Then i read somewhere that the adapter included with DH10P is AC-ES3010K, which is the same as the one included with my MZ-NH900.

From Amazon:

* Model number: MZ-DH10P

* Format: Digital audio MiniDisc system

* Sampling frequency: 44.1 kHz

* Data compression method: ATRAC/ATRAC3, ATRAC3plus

* Frequency response: 20 to 20000 Hz, -3 dB

* Compatible media type: Hi-MD, standard MiniDisc media

* Supported audio file format: MP3, WMA, WAV

* Digital camera resolution: 1.3 Megapixels

* Optical zoom: 4x

* Display: 1.5-inch color TFT LCD

* Input/output: USB, line-in, 3.5-millimeter stereo headphone jack, DC input

* Power supply: LIP-4WM rechargeable Lithium-ion battery (included); AC-ES3010K AC power adapter (included); USB powered

* Battery life: Up to 14 hours continuous playback with rechargeable battery (ATRAC3Plus at 64 kbps)

* Dimensions: 3.33 x 3.25 x 1 inches / 84.5 x 82.76 x 25.7 millimeters (WxHxD)

* Weight: 4.98 ounces / 155 grams with battery

* In the Box: MZ-DH10P Hi-MD Walkman with digital camera, remote control, LIP-4WM rechargeable battery, charging stand, dry battery case, AC-ES3010K AC power adapter, ear-buds, SonicStage software, USB cable, 1 GB Hi-MD disc

Lets see who would get the unit first. No doubt i'm the last :(

Btw, anyone managed to get hold of a copy of the user manual (digital copy)

Would like to take a look while waiting for it to come.

Edited by Unignal

If it is the us model it ships with the AC-ES608K3 which I believe for the US version only has 120v input. The JP units had 100-240v input. It is a 6V power supply unlike the 3V for the NH900. You could get one of the Sony 6v universal chargers or if you have another unit that uses the Lip-4WM then use it's charger.

thanks!

If it is the us model it ships with the AC-ES608K3 which I believe for the US version only has 110v input. The JP units had 100-240v input. It is a 6V power supply unlike the 3V for the NH900. You could get one of the Sony 6v universal chargers or if you have another unit that uses the Lip-4WM then use it's charger.

hi, i don't have the charger for that..

the quoted specs from amazon shows the 3V adaptor. Weird.

Is that correct?

No idea what region's model is eek selling.

Edited by Unignal

I assumed this seller was selling the US version - although you may want to check with the seller. All regions have a 6V adaptor. This is because of the Li-ion battery. All the LIP-4WM powered Hi-MD units (except the RH1 which has a 5V USB charger) have a 6V AC adaptor. The equivalent universal adaptor is AC-E60A.

that is weird, considering a 3V adapter is listed on the specs given.

Well all I can say is that my DH10P has a 6V AC adaptor. The service manual also lists the power requirements as being 6V for all regions.

Ordered one a couple days ago and got it today..... present for my girlfriend's birthday later this month, I think she'll love it...her friend just got a shuffle and she's been asking for some kind of player and I already have her convinced how better minidisc is than than ipod .... supposedly if you plug the shuffle into a computer it auto erases everything? So you cant just add more songs, you have to update the whole library at once...those ipods seems like real crap....

So this is the first minidisc I've actually bought for playback purposes and though this camera is pretty much a mockery of the format I still think she's gonna love it. Plus it's a nice collectors piece. And don't worry... I know she's gonna enjoy it just as much as me :)

Edit: Does this use the same battery the RH1 does? Might come in handy.

Edited by taper420

Just so you know. All those comments about the Shuffle are incorrect. At least I don't have those problems with mine. The Shuffle has probably the best SQ of nearly all MP3 players, out of the box. Its well regarded on Head-Fi. I prefer its SQ to my own MH-700 HiMD, and my older MD's aswell. The lack of a screen is a niggle, but its not needed for what its designed for.

DH10P is a curious device. For me the main strength of MD/HiMD has always primarily been recording. So I don't get the DH10P. Though it looks like a nice gadget, I think I'd prefer the RH1.

Edit: Does this use the same battery the RH1 does? Might come in handy.

As Richyhu said it uses the same battery (LIP-4WM)as the RH1 and MZ-NH1, MZ-EH1, MZ-NH3D.

The RH1 has is according to its spec the only one which can recharge the battery via the USB connection to a PC.

From the DH10P service manual - here are the part numbers for the AC-ES608K3 6volt 800mAmp adaptor.

1-479-329-12 ADAPTOR,AC (AC-ES608K3) (JE)

1-479-330-11 ADAPTOR,AC (AC-ES608K3) (US,MX,TW)

1-479-331-11 ADAPTOR,AC (AC-ES608K3) (AEP)

1-479-332-11 ADAPTOR,AC (AC-ES608K3) (UK)

1-479-333-11 ADAPTOR,AC (AC-ES608K3) (CH)

Incidentally the NW-HD5 harddrive player uses the same adaptor and has these two extra versions of it.

1-479-334-11 ADAPTOR,AC (AC-ES608K3) (KR)

1-479-335-11 ADAPTOR,AC (AC-ES608K3) (AUS)

Edited by bogon07

Which do you mean? The DH10P in my experience is equal to the EH1. Both are outstanding.

I heard the sound quality of EH1 is better than DH10P. I plan to get a EH1. The price will be around $180. However, if the sound quality is equal, I will get this one instead. anyone can confirm the sound between this one and EH1? Thanks.

Edited by wolverine88

I heard the sound quality of EH1 is better than DH10P. I plan to get a EH1. The price will be around $180. However, if the sound quality is equal, I will get this one instead. anyone can confirm the sound between this one and EH1? Thanks.

Yes I will confirm again. I have both the EH1 and the DH10P. Both sound fantastic. I can't tell the difference between the two.

emailed them asking if the adapter can can be used on 240.

no reply yet.

if it is shipped from US then no .US adpter will be burned in 240V b`coz it is only made for 110 V .

Are you planning to buy 240 V adpater ?

I also got my DH10P from US but i`m using the adapter that came with my HD5 (Universal one )

Edited by stuge

Erm, where do you get the EH1 for $180? Now THAT'S a deal! Go and get it! It's the best player I know.