Amazon selling MZ-DH10P at amazing price!

Christopher

this unit is undeniably cool. A unique MD product in almost every way. I wish I could pick one up, but I know it would just be used to satisfy my curiosity and probably not much else :P

If it had a mic input and tripod mount, then we'd have a sale. I'd buy two.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I write this the current Amazon price is USD 237.99, but MiniDisc Canada is selling it for CAD 250 (or USD 215.90 according to their own currency converter):

MZ-DH10P on MiniDisc Canada

I just bought one to add to the collection :-)

Another good Canadian MD-related buy that I've found recently are these super nice 20 MD storage boxes from Best Buy & Future Shop. They've got a super-smooth spring-loaded push-button drawer ejection mechanism that really floats my boat ;-) Also, they're very sturdy and well-made, with rubber feet and a weighted base so that if you've got one on the edge of a shelf with the drawer full of MDs ejected into open space the whole thing won't tip over.

IPB Image

Best Buy and Future Shop have been clearing them out for CAD 1.99 for the past few months. Just type webID no. 10041955 into the search on either bestbuy.ca or futureshop.ca and it should come up. Very often the website is sold out, but they usually have some knocking about in a dusty corner of your local shop. But you've got to have the webID number to give the young kid working there to lookup in the computer because he's never heard of MiniDisc (what are they teaching kids at school these days anyway?) and doesn't know where they keep the storage boxes.

Cheers!

Also those who want to see more picture taken with DH10P .Please see here

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?act=m...&module=gallery

Jacques has posted lots of pictures taken with Hi-Md camera B)

:beach:

Indeed, I use my DH10P for work, so I've accumulated a large collection of Hi-MD photos from throughout California. My gallery contains only a fraction of my library. Additionally, I have resized and lowered the resolution to accomodate for the lack of space on my host. The DH10P is quite capable of taking very decent shots in its native high-res mode.

anyone gotten their DH10P yet?

anxious=D

actually mine took just two days to get to Miami, but there was a misundertanding with the international courier service so I expected the delevery tomorrow, I'll post pics as soon as I get it.

"anyone gotten their DH10P yet? anxious=D"

I got mine last Friday. Fast shipping. :)

I just got one from eBay. Of course, now I have the problem of

finding a 220V adapter to charge my battery ;) I think I have

a 220V->110V converter at home, to make the included 110V AC

adapter work here in Italy.

1) By the way, does anybody know whether there is a suitable

car charger for this unit?

2) Does the LIP-4WM battery have a specific wall charger,

like the ones available for the NH-14WM (and the old NC-..

ones) ?

thanks

^M0rk^

1) By the way, does anybody know whether there is a suitable

car charger for this unit?

2) Does the LIP-4WM battery have a specific wall charger,

like the ones available for the NH-14WM (and the old NC-..

ones) ?

thanks

^M0rk^

As far as I am aware there is no car charger for this unit and no wall charger either for the LIP-4WM batteries. Congrats on the new unit. ;)

so anyone who got it from eek can tell me the adapter used?

Will get mine next week (finally!)

If the adapter included from eek does not support 240V i'm going out this weekend to order the adapter (1 week pre-order).

so anyone who got it from eek can tell me the adapter used?

Will get mine next week (finally!)

If the adapter included from eek does not support 240V i'm going out this weekend to order the adapter (1 week pre-order).

Fear not, my friend, here you go

IPB Image

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot but feel people are rushing to buy this thing for the same reason people have pledged allegiance to Ipod, except that this is even more a sensation of form over function. The damned thing doesn't record via line-in or microphone. The only substantive additional feature it has over your current player/recorders is a low-quality camera. The bulk of you probably have these in your cellphones, which you will continue to carry, anyway. Yes, it looks great. The idea of having a camera in your minidisc player is fabulous. Totally stylish and gnarly. And it stops right there. I'm a journalist; and while I use mindisc to listen to music, I generally use my NW-HD5 for that purpose. I use my MZ-NHF800 primarily for recording; however, if I just wanted to use a minidisc player for enjoying music, I'd simply use that and retain my option to record wherever I go. For low-quality pictures, I will whip out my cellphone. For high-quality pics, I will take my legitimate digital camera with me.

oh, WHATEVER!! Heh, I haven't been on this board for a while, wow this was a long thread to read...

For me it's not so much the camera as it is the easy access to my albums via the ARTWORK! (see samples below).

And in case no one ever saw my review / pictorial of the DH10P.

I love this unit. But now Amazon is asking for $224.95... what's with Amazon's prices changing like the STOCK MARKET anyway?!! I also think it's interesting no one has said much about the SILVER color... oh how I WISH they'd sell the BLACK one at these low prices (unlike AudioCubes'$500.00 price tag!)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by theblueraja

MiniDisc Canada has lowered their price to CDN$199 (~US$172).

Yeah, I saw that and it's a decent deal. With shipping and taxes (to the USA), it comes to about US$196. No black, only silver.

MiniDisc Canada has lowered their price to CDN$199 (~US$172).

Thanks for the info - I can just say "Eeek!" about Eek Technology's business ethics, giving me a total price for a DH10P including shipping to Sweden and when I accepted that they said they couldn't accept it...

Very easy to order/pay at Minidisc Canada using PayPal :D

So the sites with this one at US$300 are making a good profit :P

Can't imagine they'll sell to many. Our local Sony stores sell the NH1 for the equivalent of almost $500. As you can imagine they don't sell too many. Anyone thats interested in MD shops around on the net.

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered one a couple days ago and got it today..... present for my girlfriend's birthday later this month, I think she'll love it...her friend just got a shuffle and she's been asking for some kind of player and I already have her convinced how better minidisc is than than ipod .... supposedly if you plug the shuffle into a computer it auto erases everything? So you cant just add more songs, you have to update the whole library at once...those ipods seems like real crap....

So this is the first minidisc I've actually bought for playback purposes and though this camera is pretty much a mockery of the format I still think she's gonna love it. Plus it's a nice collectors piece. And don't worry... I know she's gonna enjoy it just as much as me :)

Edit: Does this use the same battery the RH1 does? Might come in handy.

No, the shuffle doesn't erase itself when plugged in. If you have iTunes set up to reload a group (random for instance) when it is plugged in, then sure it will change the music out, but no, the act of plugging the shuffle in doesn't erase it.

Also, the shuffle has a different chipset and sounds fantastic compared to the other iPods. I have NO IDEA why Apple isn't using that chipset in its other players.

Yes, the NH1, NH3D, DH10P, EH1 and RH1 use the same LIP battery.

• 1 month later...

Hi. I've just read gone this thread, and am curious how those who've purchased the MZ-DH10P back in May feel about it now?

Also, I appreciate the "collectible" aspect of this unit, and might take advantage of a good deal on it at Amazon (though they're not as good as previously, it would seem) - HOWEVER - I'm still wondering whether there any plans at SONY for a new model MD recorder/camera hybrid?

Thanx!

Hi. I've just read gone this thread, and am curious how those who've purchased the MZ-DH10P back in May feel about it now?

Also, I appreciate the "collectible" aspect of this unit, and might take advantage of a good deal on it at Amazon (though they're not as good as previously, it would seem) - HOWEVER - I'm still wondering whether there any plans at SONY for a new model MD recorder/camera hybrid?

Thanx!

The DH10P has been my main unit for quite some time now... pardon the phrase, but it is the iPod of MD in my opinion (due to the beautiful display screen... a rare thing in MD players in general). As far as 'collectible,' I think ANY minidisc player is collectible since they are becoming more rare each day. I currently own THREE DH10Ps; my main everyday unit, a backup unit that I also use for charging my LIP-4WM batteries, and a third boxed one for years down the road should my other two get damaged somehow.

If you haven't seen my REVIEW of the DH10P, check it out here

The DH10P has been my main unit for quite some time now... pardon the phrase, but it is the iPod of MD in my opinion (due to the beautiful display screen... a rare thing in MD players in general). As far as 'collectible,' I think ANY minidisc player is collectible since they are becoming more rare each day. I currently own THREE DH10Ps; my main everyday unit, a backup unit that I also use for charging my LIP-4WM batteries, and a third boxed one for years down the road should my other two get damaged somehow.

If you haven't seen my REVIEW of the DH10P, check it out here

Wow, you have 3 of the buggers! I love the album art possibilites, but meanwhile, I have a Mac. Short of taking a pic of the actual album/CD, then, I won't be able to transfer images from my Mac to the MZ-DH10P, or am I missing something?

Wow, you have 3 of the buggers! I love the album art possibilites, but meanwhile, I have a Mac. Short of taking a pic of the actual album/CD, then, I won't be able to transfer images from my Mac to the MZ-DH10P, or am I missing something?

You don't need to take a pic of the album... that's just a feature in the camera (pointless if you ask me)... all you need is an image (be it from amazon, internet google search, etc.) and you just drag it into the box.

You want to make sure it is a SQUARE in ratio, otherwise you will get a border to try to fit a rectangle into a square shape... if that makes any sense.

You don't need to take a pic of the album... that's just a feature in the camera (pointless if you ask me)... all you need is an image (be it from amazon, internet google search, etc.) and you just drag it into the box.

You want to make sure it is a SQUARE in ratio, otherwise you will get a border to try to fit a rectangle into a square shape... if that makes any sense.

I think you missed the part where he said he had a Mac?