Amazon selling MZ-DH10P at amazing price!

Christopher

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or if he has an intel Mac, simply download bootcamp and you can run windows natively on macs.

Hello again, and thank you Guys for the responses... Well, I don't have an Intel Mac, and don't suspect that I'll be upgrading from my 1.5 year-old PowerBookG4 in the near future, as I've not finished paying for that yet. I can't imagine the process of snapping pics of an album cover with the MD's camera would yield an image anywhere near as good as dragging an image over to the MZ-DH10P. Has anyone act tried the former?

Also, I had previously wondered about an future version of an MD/camera hybrid. Any input on that? Thanx again!

Hello again, and thank you Guys for the responses... Well, I don't have an Intel Mac, and don't suspect that I'll be upgrading from my 1.5 year-old PowerBookG4 in the near future, as I've not finished paying for that yet. I can't imagine the process of snapping pics of an album cover with the MD's camera would yield an image anywhere near as good as dragging an image over to the MZ-DH10P. Has anyone act tried the former?

Also, I had previously wondered about an future version of an MD/camera hybrid. Any input on that? Thanx again!

I haven't tried the manual snaps, but I'm sure they'd look fine considering how small the image size is as the icon. As far as future md/cameras? MD is nearly dead as is other than Sony possibly releasing a pro-recorder model every now and then. The DH10P in some ways marked the very last effort for Sony to make an exotic player.

I don't have any proof to back up my statement, other than how MD is disappearing from stores more each day, etc...

Edited by theblueraja

• 3 weeks later...

am very sad.

My bag fell to the floor from around 1.5metre.

The beautiful screen on my DH10P cracked.

Am bringing it down to Sony Customer Service later, but I do not know if they could get it fixed (lack of parts, not for sale in Singapore, etc)

And if I want to buy another player.. I will never get used to one without a camera.

am very sad.

Am bringing it down to Sony Customer Service later, but I do not know if they could get it fixed (lack of parts, not for sale in Singapore, etc)

And if I want to buy another player.. I will never get used to one without a camera.

Wow, that's TERRIBLE - sorry to hear that... and ya, once you have album images, it's tough going back... however, I've recently fallen in love with the MZ-EH1. That has NO display - lol.

There is hope?

am very sad.

I am sure Sony Singapore can service the unit back to its original state. It will just take some time to locate parts from Japan if they are not available locally. Nonetheless, do keep us posted.

Update to topic at hand: As of Aug 26, 2006, the Amazon.com's price of the MZ-DH10P is $329.99

Just went down, the person at the center asked if I want him to quote me a price for the repair. After much checking on his PC, he said he couldn't.

Haha. Now its just 2~3 days of wait for the engineers to call me with updates on pricing and whether it can be repaired.

I'm worried about the liquid from the screen flowing back into the circuits and causing more damage, so I've kept the screen face down since the time it was spoilt.

Now falling back on my old MZ NH900. Can't seem to get used to it. The display is too dull (no colour and very small)

Update to topic at hand: As of Aug 26, 2006, the Amazon.com's price of the MZ-DH10P is $329.99

That is like the price I got my DH10P for, but in Singapore Dollars. If it cannot be repaired I doubt I'll be able to afford a new one.

Wah! Just got a call from Sony Singapore!

The repair cost is S$357, (USD 190) more than the price I bought my DH10P at.

The justification for such a high price is because the LCD is shouldered onto the main board, so they have to change both (-.-")

Do you think it is worth the repair? Couldn't buy another DH10P at such low price. Am a student so USD190 is very high price to pay for me.

Sigh.

Do you think it is worth the repair? Couldn't buy another DH10P at such low price. Am a student so USD190 is very high price to pay for me.

Sigh.

That is absolutely INSANE. Repairs are NEVER worth it. The average lower-end price for the DH10P on line now is about $215, just $25 more than your risky 'repair'...

I'd get a new one or used one on ebay.

• 2 weeks later...

I was checking out Amazon tonight and there's good offers of minidic stuffs:

-Sony MZ-DH10P Hi-MD Walkman Digital Music Player with 1.2 MP Digital Camera @ us$191 (refurbished)

-Sony MZ-NHF800 Hi-MD Minidisc Walkman Portable Music Player

-Sharp MDMS722 Portable Minidisc Player/Recorder

-Sony MZ-N510CK NetMD Walkman/Recorder with Car Kit

-Sony MDSJE320 MiniDisc Recorder at US$25

-Sony MZ-NH900 Hi-MD MiniDisc Walkman

-Sony MZ-E10 MD Walkman @ us$149

-SONY Hi-MD 1GB Media MiniDisc (single) @ us$4.49

-TDK Recordable Minidisc (5-Pack)

-Fuji 3 Pack 74 Minute MiniDiscs by Fuji

-"Jvc Md-74Dg / Crystal Gold Recordable Mini Disc (74 Min, Single)" by JVC

etc.

I had never seen this much in Amazon before ^_^

I was checking out Amazon tonight and there's good offers of minidic stuffs:

Yeah, I was actually just checking out Amazon Japan - and they have TONS of rare color/artsy blank minidiscs... supposedly they "ship worldwide" but when I tried to buy a player, during the checkout process it said they wouldn't do it.

Yeah, there's quite a lot on Amazon, but the thing is a majority of those MD-related items are being sold from Amazon Marketplace merchants, not Amazon itself.

• 3 weeks later...

This is likely a silly question, but for the life of me I can't find the answer - which remote does the DH10P Amazon is selling come with? I assume it's a MC35ELK but the site only lists "a remote". Does the remote you get with it vary from country to country like the RH10/910?

This is likely a silly question, but for the life of me I can't find the answer - which remote does the DH10P Amazon is selling come with? I assume it's a MC35ELK but the site only lists "a remote". Does the remote you get with it vary from country to country like the RH10/910?

Hi there, unfortunately if it is the US unit, it will only come with the RM-MC60 which is a non-lcd remote and just has the basic navigation functions on it. The RM-MC35ELK only comes with the Japanese edition of the DH10P.

Thanks, I had my suspicions that might be the case! I guess if I take the plunge and buy a US model I can just plug my (orange) mc35ELK into it - don't imagine the red DH10Ps are easy to get now.