Help! adding MD tracks to Sonic Stage library

Rate this topic

paulmac21

I am new to this forum, so apologies if this has been covered before.

I currently own a NH600 HI-MD and have recently installed the latest SonicStage 3.4.

I have over a 100 discs containing music recorded on a standard Sony and Sharp MD player (I dont have the model no's)- some recorded digitally, some analog.

The discs show up in SonicStage as 'Net-MD' and won't transfer to the library

Is it an issue of compatibility with standard MD /Hi-MD format or is there something else I should be doing?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

only the RH1 will be able to transfer those not-HiMD recordings to PC... search these forums (the news section) for more info on that model

I wonder the problem is you are not allow to transfer music files back to another computer from MD, because of the copyright protection. Even if you restore your system, the computer you used before is recognised as a different one.

I wonder the problem is you are not allow to transfer music files back to another computer from MD, because of the copyright protection. Even if you restore your system, the computer you used before is recognised as a different one.

The issue is no longer to do with copyright protection. With the latest version of SonicStage I can move music from one computer to another via my Hi-MD with no problem, as long as it was a Hi-MD recording to start with.

But to transfer "legacy" recordings you will have to wait for the RH1 model.

So is there a hardware reason why other Hi-MD units can't upload old formats? I assume so as otherwise it would have been a feature of the latest Sonicstage rather than of the RH1. Is it theoretically possible that uploading of old formats could be made available on Hi-MD units other than the RH1?