Sony Hi-MD Walkman MZ-RH1 Pictorial

Rate this topic

Ishi, just one question. I would like to buy a sharp boombox (MDLP) that I found here in chile and it has radio-cd-tape-md functions. Do you know if I record anything (radio, for instance) in the MD, it would be possible to upload it using the RH1? Could you give it a try and tell me?

please :P

Yes, you can absolutely upload radio recordings done with your Sharp Boombox to the PC via the RH1. Note: you can basically upload any analog in, optical-digital and microphone recordings. The only exception to this is recordings done via the PC or rather transferred over via USB.

Thanks! :) I have not coupled the USB-AC Adaptor with either the NH1 or the RH10. I suspect it will not work due to difference in each unit’s respective power requirement.

USB power = USB power. The older units with standard mini-B plugs will not work because as soon as they see power [via USB], they expect that they're plugged into a computer [as already described].

The voltage/current thought [as described above] is incorrect, though. If Sony had used non-standard power over the USB connector, it would have been illegal for them to even refer to the device as USB [since they'd be breaking the standard].

USB power = USB power. The older units with standard mini-B plugs will not work because as soon as they see power [via USB], they expect that they're plugged into a computer [as already described].

The voltage/current thought [as described above] is incorrect, though. If Sony had used non-standard power over the USB connector, it would have been illegal for them to even refer to the device as USB [since they'd be breaking the standard].

I thought the power requirement would factor in. Thanks for the clarification, dex. ;)

Ishiyoshi,

Yet again fantastic pictures.

Look forward to seeing the results of your interbreeding program between the RH1 & RH10/NH1.

Looks like the RH1 uses the same USB-Ac Power adaptor as the NWA1000/3000 instead of inventing another new one.

Thanks for the kind comments. You are still waiting for the ultimate Hi-MD unit eh? ;)

Yep,

Something like the RH1 in a metallic bluish black with a colour display like the DH10P.

Till then there's your pictures of the RH1. :D

Nice pictures! Also nice to see the first picture of the AC-adapter with USB-connector. [snip]

Take a look at the power input requirements of the power adapter!!! It looks like it takes both 110V and 240V. Thus it looks like it is already a World Tourist model. All you have do to is get the plug adapter.

RWW

Take a look at the power input requirements of the power adapter!!! It looks like it takes both 110V and 240V. Thus it looks like it is already a World Tourist model. All you have do to is get the plug adapter.

RWW

Most Hi-MD units since the RH10 come with a worldwide 110V-240V AC Adaptor. Indeed, one would just need to acquire the corresponding plug adaptor according to one's location.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how I missed this thread before (probably because I was basking in the Hawaiian sun when it was posted :D) but dang-- Ishi always takes the best photos of gear. If you ever got sick of your day job I bet you could make a good living as a commercial photographer-- you've got skill.

And this doesn't help me want the RH1 any less :D

I don't know how I missed this thread before (probably because I was basking in the Hawaiian sun when it was posted :D) but dang-- Ishi always takes the best photos of gear. If you ever got sick of your day job I bet you could make a good living as a commercial photographer-- you've got skill.

And this doesn't help me want the RH1 any less :D

Thanks for the kind comments, Mike! Ah.. the sweet breeze of Hawaii. Whereabouts in Hawaii were you? I am planning another short trip to Kohala this August. B)

• 3 months later...

Nice pictures Ishiyoshi! Am i a bit slow or what, but i didn't know the RH1 came with a cradle..... Lol, if it really does then im missing my cradle....gotta go phone Sony. Or maybe is it only for imported models?

Thanks for the comment. :) Please re-read the "Notes" within the pictorial - "MZ-R910’s charging stand was used for the photo shoot." ;)