Please help I've messed up the display on my MZ-NH700

Rate this topic

dave554

Hi,

I recently bought a Hi-MD, the NH700, to record my vinyl so I could upload it to my PC and convert it to MP3, etc.. All was working fine until I pulled the power lead out of the minidisc while it was charging and it messed up my display and now the record level meters have disappeared?!!

The manual recommended plugging it back in and out or leaving the unit for a while if the display's not working properly but neither of these solved the problem. Have I managed to break it just by pulling out the power lead? If this problem isn't fixable then I'm really annoyed with Hi-MD :angry:

Can anyone help cause I'm absolutely desperate??

:help:

Hi,

I recently bought a Hi-MD, the NH700, to record my vinyl so I could upload it to my PC and convert it to MP3, etc.. All was working fine until I pulled the power lead out of the minidisc while it was charging and it messed up my display and now the record level meters have disappeared?!!

The manual recommended plugging it back in and out or leaving the unit for a while if the display's not working properly but neither of these solved the problem. Have I managed to break it just by pulling out the power lead? If this problem isn't fixable then I'm really annoyed with Hi-MD :angry:

Can anyone help cause I'm absolutely desperate??

:help:

When you pulled the power to reset the unit, did you ( a ) remove the battery from the battery compartment and ( b ) leave it for some time (maybe a minute) before repowering the unit?

im sorry, but it broke? you pulled the power out and it broke?

i think you might have reset something.

i know minidisc players have their quirks, but one that self destructs?

is the screen corrupted, or leaking ooze of some kind? or is it just not displaying some

things?

i think somebody who knows about the service mode thingy would be able to help you

reset the thing back to factory settings if you can't fix it with just the standard options.

good luck and god's speed