Sony Features New WALKMAN BT Remote

Ishiyoshi

Sony Japan announced today of a new VAIO Bluetooth Audio Remote Controller for its WALKMAN product – the VGP-BRM1D/B. Continue for more details and pictures..+++

Bear in mind that the VGP-BRM1D/B will only be released as an exclusive SonyStyle (Japan) item on May 23 for 14,800 yen; pre-orders beginning May 16. NOTE: a standard VAIO issue – VGP-BRM1 – will also be available (in both black and white color) for sale on May 27 with an expected retail price of 9,800 yen. However, the standard version lacks the WALKMAN feature. Only the VGP-BRM1D/B supports WALKMAN feature.

IPB ImageIPB Image

The device essentially enables wireless playback control of your favorite WALKMAN (MD/HDD/CD) and it supports cellular phone equipped with Bluetooth feature (BT version 2.0) corresponding to A2DP, AVRCP, HSP or HFP profiles. In addition to these features, the VGP-BRM1D/B also offers wireless control of multimedia software such as Windows Media Player, WinDVD and of course SonicStage via Bluetooth connection with your favorite VAIO* system (* with Bluetooth support).

IPB Image

As shown above, the VGP-BRM1D/B consists of two separate modules: a charging cradle (which can be connected to a WALKMAN’s remote control terminal for WALKMAN support) and a wireless remote.

IPB Image

Specifications:

Bluetooth Version: BT 2.0

Frequency Band: 2.4GHz

Range: approx. 10m

Supported profiles: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile), HFP (Hands-free Profile) and HSP (Headset Profile)

WALKMAN support via WALKMAN remote control terminal

Supported applications: SonicStage, Windows Media Player and WinDVD

Supported cellular phone: Cellular phone equipped with Bluetooth corresponding to A2DP, AVRCP, HSP or HFP profiles

Built-in Mic

Power: Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery, 3.7V; 600mAh

Estimated battery life: Audio streaming: 15hrs | Handsfree talk time: 15hrs | Standby: 200 hrs

Size: 67.5mm × 32.2mm × 14.3mm (inclusive of the cradle)

Weight: approx. 27.2g (inclusive of the cradle)

News Source: Sony Japan; Picture Source: AVWatch

Will it be avalable in the UK, Canada and the US? Or is this Just Japan?

Bear in mind that the VGP-BRM1D/B will only be released as an exclusive SonyStyle (Japan) item on May 23 for 14,800 yen

;)

If you review the last picture I have edited, the available operational buttons indicates only playback functions for the WALKMAN.

Too bad there's not atleast a pause button. Then one could set the recorder in pause record and unpause from the remote to start recording.

Nonetheless, it's still pretty cool.

15hrs battery life sounds decent.

That's been my main concern about the possibility of wireless remotes.

I mean noone wants to be replacing those stupid expensive little button batteries.

Cool!!

I'm pretty happy with my RM-MC40ELK though.

Too bad there's not atleast a pause button. Then one could set the recorder in pause record and unpause from the remote to start recording.

Nonetheless, it's still pretty cool.

There is a pause button ... or not?!

and it supports cellular phone equipped with Bluetooth feature (BT version 2.0) corresponding to A2DP, AVRCP, HSP or HFP profiles.

hmm, is this to say i can connect it between a md-plaer and a headset, and when my bluetooth enabled mobile gets a call i can use it as a handsfree device?

Heh, well it finaly happened, good, although I wish they offered it at a lower price. Although I now find I will be duplicating an existing product, I still plan on making a bluetooth adapter with the remote functions for use with bluetooth headphones. I have a thread going for sugestions at Topic 15735

What would interest me is the possibility to use this solely as a remote for a MD portable which is connected to a "stereo system" ...

So that I have the MD unit standing next to the cradle/receiver of the remote connected to speakers while I'm sitting in the other end of the room and pressing play/stop all happy.

This thing doen't look as if it was possible. It seems you can only connect the cradle of remote to the MD unit and receive audio signals with the remote itself which then gives the signal to headphones or something.

:) The question in other words: Is there a line-out on the cradle?

Or am I mistaken?

Edited by sinus

• 5 months later...