Airline security checks and live recording MiniDisc

Rate this topic

I'm thinking of taking my HiMD MiniDisc plus battery box, Headbanger Amplifier etc. to Italy and am wondering whether the obvious wires, "black boxes" etc. will be too much for airline security checks. Obviously, I'd remove the 9V batteries, but MiniDisc isn't as common as an Ipod and I'm wondering whether not to bother? Previously I've carried camera equipment with no problems, but that was before recent security incidents.

Any recent experience - either way? European airlines?

Many thanks

I have traveled from New York City to London (Virgin Atlantic) and Paris (I forget) with MD, microphones, battery module, attenuator, headphones, headphone amplifier (plain tin box with switch on it, very suspicious looking), CD player, half a dozen minidiscs, laptop computer, AC computer adapter, USB cable, LAN cable, wireless card, cell phone, cell phone AC adapter, AA batteries and probably other electronics and never had a problem with security. The same for at least a dozen flights a year in the domestic USA. If they ask questions, plug in your headphones and play them a song, but no one has asked me yet.