Is it really out yet?

Rate this topic

dave_bass5

I wouldn't they were going to get any in before any Sony Centre. My Sony Centre in Chelmsford told me 6th/8th (one of the two) June. So that two weeks works out right ;).

This is what i really really hate about some retailers. they say its in stock on the website so you order and then find out its not and you then have the hassle of trying to get a refund which can take up to 10 days, thereby tying your funds up or just waiting and waiting while other retailers get the goods in.

I walked into the local Sony shop on Tuesday on the off chance that they might have the RH1. They had, so I got it. It was their only one (display model) and cost £250 but I wasn't going to argue! :lol: I have not used it with the remote yet but used it to transfer NetMD recordings. There was one file which the PC at work would not allow me to transfer to HIMD but when I tried it on the lap top at home it worked ok... The same thing has happened again and I will try it at home to see if it can be resolved.

Apart from being able transfer my old NetMD recordings I can see that I will use my deck a lot more whereas it was looking that it might be a bit redundant.

One of the settings relates to Firmware - does this mean that Sony are likely to issue upgrades to the firmware in the future?

This is what i really really hate about some retailers. they say its in stock on the website so you order and then find out its not and you then have the hassle of trying to get a refund which can take up to 10 days, thereby tying your funds up or just waiting and waiting while other retailers get the goods in.

As much as I love shopping with e-tailers; with lower prices etc, not knowing if they have any in stock is the bastard about buying from some of these places. With special products like this one, I normally phone around first.

One of the settings relates to Firmware - does this mean that Sony are likely to issue upgrades to the firmware in the future?

Very unlikely. All it does is show you the version and most probably helps if the unit gets serviced at all. Like all the other units, there has been no sign of firmware released to the public.

Bought one this tuesday at the Sony-Overtoom shop in Amsterdam-the Netherlands. 330 Euro's. Not very cheap (some shops sell it for 289 Euro's) but I had it in my hands and didn't have to wait any longer. It's a nice unit, but I think I'll keep my NH1 as well. The NH1 seems to be a bit more sturdy than the RH1. The Oled-display is verrrry nice, especially the spectrum analyse modes. SonicStage works fine, transfer is faster. Now I have to try some live recordings... I still have over 10 blank 1GB discs (and the same number of filled 1GB's), so I can do some testing B)

Bert.

Edited by lacobo

After having my mz-r35 for seven years (and still functioning, unfortunately only with the AC adaptor) I though it was time to buy a new unit. A friend was in Scotland for vacation and bought for me an mz-rh1 for 250 pounds from a Sony Centre. As I don't know when I'll find it in Greece and for how much, do you think it's a decent bargain? Cheers!

After having my mz-r35 for seven years (and still functioning, unfortunately only with the AC adaptor) I though it was time to buy a new unit. A friend was in Scotland for vacation and bought for me an mz-rh1 for 250 pounds from a Sony Centre. As I don't know when I'll find it in Greece and for how much, do you think it's a decent bargain? Cheers!

Well, as the Recommended retail price is 250 pounds, it isn't really a bargain, and several on-line retailers are offering better prices. However, you now own one which is more than most of us. None of the Sony Centres within 100 miles of me have one in stock, and neither do any of the on-line retailers I've tried. So overall I think you've done pretty well.