Carrying Minidisc Players & Accessories

Rate this topic

I recently found a good two compartment case for my Sony MZ-NHF800 minidisc player.

Many of the specialized minidisc cases fit the player, but provide no protection for the remote or headphones - so I was looking for something a little bigger - but not too big. It also needed to be inexpensive as well. I finally found something close to what I was looking for - the rounded, wedge-shaped, Optex Digital Camera pouch for digital cameras up to 3 1/4" x 5" x 2". The one I bought was blue and black and the sloping front and top flap zips open to reveal most of the inner compartment area. Mine cost less than $9 CDN from Walmart. It has two compartments (front and back) - so I put the player in the more accessible front compartment, the remote and its cable in the back compartment and the ear buds in the open space at the top. If required, spare batteries can be placed in the mesh side pockets. The case also has a shoulder strap and belt strap. When I want to listen I simply pull out the remote and leave the cover partially unzipped with the remote chord leading out. The case is cushioned and large enough that I can carry the player and its accessories safely around in my backpack and I can also use it to wear my minidisc player no matter what I'm wearing or doing.

It took me a while to find this case so I felt others might be interested in this info as well.

It also raised my curiosity - what do others do for transporting their players?

post-37614-1147895901_thumb.jpg