Successful component transplant

Rate this topic

ballsandy

When i got my first md player in 03 it was the MZ-N505. This nice unit was wonderful and enabled me to not use batteries during data transfer from pc-md. Then in 2005 It suddenly stopped recording. The little ribbon cable for the over write haed had worn out and broke making the unit useless for recording :( . I thn got a MZ-N420D. This unit was terrible and had almost no features! Then the other day I thought of something while cleaning the player. "everything looks the same inside. will it work in the N505?"

With that i set up my soldering table and got my mini screwdrivers and iron supplies.

It turned out that the over write head is the exact same! With much delight, I de-soldered the cable, removed and reinstalled the cable in the waiting donor: the N505.

After reasembly i grabbed a new md and hooked the player to the optical cable that runs from my ps2. After a momentary recording i hit play and held my breath.

To my relief IT WORKED! :lol: