MZ-RH1 in UK at Sony Centre Lakeside

Rate this topic

grf

Hi,

Full price of 249 GBPounds I'm afraid. I did succumb to the temptation though, the RH1 is very cute and the SS 3.4 works ! You just have to remember that Media player 7.0 and above is a REQUIREMENT not just a nice to have...

So they now only have 1 RH1 left on their shelf....

Best regards

Graham

Hi,

Full price of 249 GBPounds I'm afraid. I did succumb to the temptation though, the RH1 is very cute and the SS 3.4 works ! You just have to remember that Media player 7.0 and above is a REQUIREMENT not just a nice to have...

So they now only have 1 RH1 left on their shelf....

Well that's one more than most of the other Sony Centres in the UK.

I really can't understand this. Why did they launch the product when stocks are so tight? Even if they have underestimated the interest, I can't believe they didn't build up stocks first. At the end of the day they are only going to hurt themselves, but I guess Sony are pretty good at doing that anyway!

Hi,

I remember reading in the Dutch MD review about the RM-MC40ELK NOT being compatible with the RH1.

I have just tried a new MC40ELK and it is not compatible. When the Menu button is pressed (hold the roller down) then it should give 'Edit'as the first of 'edit' 'option' rec setting' as the RH1 does from its menu.

The 40ELK only gives 'SpeedCtrl' Title' 'option'

Have I missed all this in the discussions on the list or is this news.

Best regards

Graham

Hi,

No, The protect is off, the discs were just formatted.

A quick update, the 40ELK is NEARLY compatible with the RH1. It is great for displaying the track or the group on the disc (not at the same time) and the artist and track as they are played, selecting tracks works OK. The other buttons 'Display' Prgm' 'Sound' do not work. The other track and volume controls do.

I hope that this is what others have found and that I have missed in all the discussion. I am sure someone said that the 40 ELK was compatibel and was the thing to have with an RH1.

it is worth having but the controls on the RH1 are good and easy to use. It is very clear what you are doing.

Best regards

Graham