SonicStage CP 4.0

Christopher

Question....I used 3.4 on my home computer back in Toronto and (don't laugh...ok, well, laugh if you want to <_< ) it was an Athlon 900mhz running Win98. My only problem was that I couldn't transfer more than one album/folder at a time; if I queued two or more things would go crazy and crash. Was this a known bug, or probably just due to my old schizoid and worthless OS? :lol:

peace

WaywardTraveller

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to <bump> my previous question....is it possible in SS 4.0 to queue more than one album at a time for transfer to MD? Whenever I tried this on my old SS it would crash after the first album (if it even got that far).

peace

WaywardTraveller

• 3 weeks later...

Just to <bump> my previous question....is it possible in SS 4.0 to queue more than one album at a time for transfer to MD? Whenever I tried this on my old SS it would crash after the first album (if it even got that far).

peace

WaywardTraveller

Hi Wayward Traveller,

The same happens to me. I have a Win ME 900Mhz Hewlett Packard Pavilion PC, which is not connected to the web and had all the non-essential processes un-installed. No need for antivirus so it runs up in flawlessly from power up in less thasn 10 seconds. Anyway upon taking possession of a new RH1 (brilliant piece of kit), SS3.4 loaded fine and is able to do nearly everything asked of it.

All goes well until I tried to make an Audio CD from the tracks I had recorded and downloaded from the RH1 into SS3.4. It gets halfway into the process and seems to hang, with the time increasing and % indicator frozen. I left it for a good pair of hours hoping that it would chunter through the 40 mins of music, but it got nowhere. :huh: On the second attempt, it also ceased and didnt start burning the CD.

I have the Offline Installer for SS4.0 (many thanks again!) and will be trying it tomorrow night (band practice tonite). Is a 900Mhz PC simply too slow? :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

WaywardTraveller and Hrograth -

I had the same or a similar problem, using a computer with a 2.8 Ghz processor. I don't think it's a problem with computer speed.

However, I haven't had this problem since the last SS upgrade (3.4). I think it was a bug introduced in whatever came before 3.4, because I didn't have that problem originally. I'm not sure how many SS upgrades there have been since I got my RH10, but I think this problem was introduced in the version before 3.4 and then resolved with 3.4.

Of course, if you're still having such problems with 3.4 then I could be wrong. Or maybe the problem still exists, and I have just gotten used to transferring one album at a time.