Sony MZ-RH1 User Manual

Webmaster

I did a quick search in the manual, and a little browsing in the forums...Can't find the answer though.

Is this new MZ-RH1 interchangeable with a PC and a MAC computer? Or do I need the M200 to use the Mac. Will the M200 support PC as well?

Basicly: I'm a new convert to Macs, and won't be replacing my G4 laptop for a long time (so no Windows OS on it) after 15 years with a PC. I love the minidisc, I've got a NH800 that I can't use with my Mac though and was looking to sell it to upgrade.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

I did a quick search in the manual, and a little browsing in the forums...Can't find the answer though.

Is this new MZ-RH1 interchangeable with a PC and a MAC computer? Or do I need the M200 to use the Mac. Will the M200 support PC as well?

Basicly: I'm a new convert to Macs, and won't be replacing my G4 laptop for a long time (so no Windows OS on it) after 15 years with a PC. I love the minidisc, I've got a NH800 that I can't use with my Mac though and was looking to sell it to upgrade.

...anybody?...

I heard/read the same things as raintheory, but until the actual mac software is released (somewhere this summer) all this still is uncertain as noone is able to 'test' anything

This is what I found on the UK site

What’s more, Apple Mac users can now upload material to the MZ-RH1 just as easily thanks to newly-developed Hi-MD Music Transfer for Mac ver.1.0 software supplied with each unit. This allows you to upload recorded content to a Mac PC in Linear PCM/Hi-SP/Hi-LP mode as WAV files. Similarly, users can now download Linear PCM/MP3 files from a Mac PC by simply downloading an application from the Sony support website from summer 2006.

thanks violetflame, but as I said before, there's a lot of promise of the mac-ability on Sony sites... but then again, there is also lots of rubish on those same sites (the Belgian one states the RH1 as using a LiIon and a NiMH (combined) and with an AA-addon (things that have been proven to be wrong)

main point, yes it looks like the RH1 as well as the M200 will be mac-compatible (as also acclaimed by the S-sites)... but until the software is out (this summer) and we..well someone has tested it (thoroughly) we won't be able to state with certainty that it IS mac-compatible

PS: I myself am trying to hold off buying the RH1 till it is confirmed by someone I trust (well almost any MDCF-user will do :lol: ) that it will work with mac for MP3 downloading as I've recently switched (back) to mac... though I have to admit, the fact that Atrac3+ is gapless and I have still got a PC portable as well (a HP pavilion 17" widescreen with 250gb external disc for audio only which will serve as a media station once I've moved into my next home...(been waiting to move for about 2 years now..long story, not for this thread!!)) is making it more and more difficult to wait, especially as I've recently heard the Belgian and Dutch Sony stores have got RH1's in stock (well maybe they don't anymore... then it will be easier to wait at least :lol: )

Edited by The Low Volta