FIFA World Cup 2006 Thread

Rate this topic

Stuge

Which Team are you going to support ?  

1. 1. Which Team are you going to support ?

• Brazil
    • France
    • England
    • Czech Republic
    • Mexico
    • Portugal
    • Argentina
    • Greece
    • Other (please Mention in the post )
  2. 2. Do you support Underdogs ?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the process of downloading the match so I can watch it after work Ishi

Watched the first half of the Argentina and S&M game and I must say that for about 9 minutes I thought it could be an even match.

Poor guys, first and only world cup appearance ever. Now the team will be even weaker next year.

i'm not at all surprised. i fell asleep after portugal & iran & awoke to find drama. czechs lost? italy & the US drew?

the only bit that didn't surprise me was italy's dubious sportsmanship in general. especially after totti's spitting in the last euros & the claims of colusion between sweden & denmark.

the first two at least. japan & croatia for the group, australia for obvious reasons & i got south korea in a sweep. don't think i'll manage all three games though. my parents are going to europe for 3 months so i'm off to the airport, with anyluck i'll get back just as the first game kicks off.

any tips guys?

It's showdown later between Japan vs Croatia, Brazil vs Australia and France vs South Korea. Anyone excited for any of these particular matches?

Brazil vs. Australia should be interesting - Brazil weren't exactly on fire in their first match. Same goes fror France. I'll probably watch all 3 games as they are in my time zone.

A Korean sweep is definitely possible, but the Red Devils will need to step up their game. If they can play 90 minutes of soccer shown during the 2nd half of Korea vs Togo... any lack of sleep in Seoul will soon be forgotten.

The Japan vs Croatia match is definitely a make-or-break match for either team. The Japanese will revert back to 4-4-2 and right-back Akira Kaji will likely return (from injury) for the match. Good news? Well, perhaps. I definitely would want to see Japan win though; but Croatia was in pretty good form during its loss to Germany.

The Brazilians seems a little lazy during their match against the Croatians; and the Socceroos were playing against a very "weak" Japanese. So, I think Brazil will win the game with the Socceroos giving them a good run.

20 minutes to kick off! :lol:

japan were much better in that second half after inamoto came on. i've alway thought he was wasted in the english league, the time & space afforded to him in international games suits his style more than the quciker premiership

japan were much better in that second half after inamoto came on. i've alway thought he was wasted in the english league, the time & space afforded to him in international games suits his style more than the quciker premiership

Indeed. Somewhat better but they ought to take more risks attacking; passing was somewhat shoddy though.