FIFA World Cup 2006 Thread

Rate this topic

Stuge

Which Team are you going to support ?  

1. 1. Which Team are you going to support ?

• Brazil
    • France
    • England
    • Czech Republic
    • Mexico
    • Portugal
    • Argentina
    • Greece
    • Other (please Mention in the post )
  2. 2. Do you support Underdogs ?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

France vs BraZil is going to be interesting match & I hope BraZil beats France :P

Well, if we get through against Portugal (should do quite nicely!), it'll be Eng v Bra in the semis! Now that will be very interesting! Then beating them to see Germany in the final. Hopefully it will follow through to what I think. :ok:

Wow, this was thrilling ... :rolleyes:

Btw, what team are you placing your bets on, Ishiyoshi?

Indeego why was Heinze almost fighting with Oliver Bierhoff who was on the pitch at the end? I couldn't understand too well what the commentator on ARD was saying.

Indeego why was Heinze almost fighting with Oliver Bierhoff who was on the pitch at the end? I couldn't understand too well what the commentator on ARD was saying.

i just assumed it was a bit of typical anger & gamesmanship. bothe the argentinian fullbacks had been putting the boot & elbow in behind the play all match.

well, the tv showed when Rodriguez said some nice words to Lehmann after his shootout, then Borowski do a "shh" to some argentinean player after he scored. Meanwhile another argentinean players said something to the german players in the middle of the field. So the thing ended up like it did :wacko: some people doesnt take that easy the defeat.

Edited by Tiesto

As far as I know Mertesacker was hit by Cufre and Schweinsteiger by Tevez (?) ... Then everybody went crazy, I asssume Bierhoff wanted to calm down the situation, but failed and was hit too.

Woohoooo, Allez les Bleues :D

Edited by indeego

for the italians to win this cup with all the scandal around the team, players & officals will be an insult to fair play the world around i think. tbh the shouldn't be playing even.

for the italians to win this cup with all the scandal around the team, players & officals will be an insult to fair play the world around i think. tbh the shouldn't be playing even.

To be honest that scandal revolves more around the club officals than the players themselves. It looks likely that the clubs involved will be severely punished, with Juventus going down to Serie C1 and Milan & Lazio in Serie B.

In fact that's why I think in showing yesterday how to win a match the right way, they answered a lot of their critics.

To be honest that scandal revolves more around the club officals than the players themselves. It looks likely that the clubs involved will be severely punished, with Juventus going down to Serie C1 and Milan & Lazio in Serie B.

In fact that's why I think in showing yesterday how to win a match the right way, they answered a lot of their critics.

do you really think the players hadn't noticed they just kept winning? plus there's a lot of rumours about blood spinning & other nefarious practices by players at italian clubs. viera hinted once he'd been forced to take nadrolone while at ac milan, he'd hardly be alone imo.

do you really think the players hadn't noticed they just kept winning? plus there's a lot of rumours about blood spinning & other nefarious practices by players at italian clubs. viera hinted once he'd been forced to take nadrolone while at ac milan, he'd hardly be alone imo.

No, I agree that the whole "Moggiopoli" scandal is a very dark cloud and I'm sure there are more revelations to come. We have seen plenty of other drug related scandals in Italian football before relating to doping at clubs and so on, but I think the vast majority of Italian football fans are as outraged as the rest of world at what is happening and certainly don't want to see their national image tarnished yet again. It is certinaly unfair to punish an entire nation for the actions of those involved.

I just wanted to say that in spite of all that and the fact that the 13 players in the Italian squad who play for the 4 main clubs involved in the current scandal are (so far) not implicated themselves, and even given some not so great performances so far in tournament ( USA & the highly dubious penalty decision against Australia included) the team yesterday played outstandingly well and really showed that they can play great football despite the mess at home.